Lead Electrical Power Engineer
Green Bay, WI
Full Time Exempt
Do you like to solve problems in an engaging, collaborative, team environment? Are you excited about discovery, technical innovation, and achievement? Does working in a flexible culture with professional growth opportunities, a family friendly vibe, and smart, caring colleagues make for a great day? If so, consider an employment opportunity at Foth and join these members who enjoy their employment experience.
Foth Production Solutions, LLC is currently seeking a team-focused, innovative, and results-oriented Lead Electrical Power Engineer who is looking for new learning experiences, opportunities for career growth, and a desire to contribute to our clients’ success. This position could work out of any of the following office locations: Green Bay, Wisconsin; Madison, Wisconsin; Milwaukee, Wisconsin; Chicago, Illinois; OR Lake Elmo, Minnesota.
Foth Production Solutions works closely with Fortune 500 companies to develop engineering-led solutions for the most complex consumer product production challenges. From small, single-discipline projects to large multi-disciplined, turnkey projects, Foth’s commitment to personalized, client-centered service and long-term relationships never wavers. Our clients lead a broad range of industries and they leverage our team members’ experiences to support projects for new product introductions or line installations, custom machine solutions for unique packaging or product making needs, or systems analysis leading to throughput and efficiency gains.
- Working "hands on" in an industrial/manufacturing environment gathering field data and conducting field investigations, when required, for project work
- Provide technical engineering design support for industrial projects electrical systems including medium (15 kV) & low voltage (600 VAC) power distribution
- Complete power systems analysis (short circuit, load flow, overcurrent coordination, arc flash analysis, power factor, ground system, harmonics, panel SCCR)
- Design machine and process power distribution systems, facilities electrical and grounding systems and oversee installation
- Lead the development of all project related documentation, schedules, and cost estimates
- Perform QA/QC of design packages and stamp
- Lead design work, delegate appropriate efforts, and hold team members accountable
- Work as part of a collaborative project team integrated with partner contractors and client
- Lead design reviews with the client and internal teams
- Oversee and execute installation and start up support
- Develop and write proposals which will include concepts, scope of work, deliverables, effort hours, and estimated cost
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering - Power System option or equivalent technical experience
- 10+ years of industrial electrical systems engineering design & analysis experience
- 5+ years of experience with medium voltage (up to15 kV) & low voltage (up to 600 VAC) power distribution systems including utility services, campus distribution, substations, switchgear, transformers, panel boards, grounding systems (including ungrounded/high resistance), capacitor banks, CT metering, etc.
- Professional Engineer license
Required previous experience with the following:
- Electrical power analysis (utilizing SKM power tools for Windows, ETAP, Easypower, etc.) to evaluate short circuit current, protective device coordination, arc flash & energy reduction designs, load studies, power factor correction and harmonics
- Motor controls – low & medium voltage, full voltage, soft start, VFDs, motor control centers and power distribution panels and buses
- National Electrical Code and related codes & standards (NFPA 70, 70E, 79 and IEEE color books)
- 15+ years of industry-relevant experience
- Hazardous area classification and power implications
Preferred previous experience with the following:
- Facilities electrical systems including HVAC, lighting, power, communications, security, fire, supervisory systems, emergency power generators and standby systems, etc.
- Project management
- Lightning suppression
- Electrical power analysis (SKM power tools for Windows, ETAP, Easypower, etc.)
All Foth Companies are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. All locations are tobacco-free
Foth is proud to be a 100% member-owned, science and engineering consulting firm with approximately 600 members. We deliver engineering solutions to a diverse portfolio of public and private clients in the areas of infrastructure, environmental engineering and science, and production solutions engineering and manufacturing. We invest heavily in our members to meet the growing and diverse needs of our clients and our members, sustain our high retention numbers, and retain our inclusive, values-based culture. We are proud of the employment experience we create for our members and of the New North Workplace Excellence Award we were recently awarded, recognizing us as an employer of choice.