Project Manager - Water Resources and Hydrogeology
Full Time Exempt
Do you like to solve problems in an engaging, collaborative, team environment? Are you excited about discovery, technical innovation, and achievement? Does working in a flexible culture with professional growth opportunities, a family friendly vibe, and smart, caring colleagues make for a great day? If so, consider an employment opportunity at Foth and join these members who enjoy their employment experience.
Foth Infrastructure & Environment, LLC is currently seeking a team-focused, innovative, and results-oriented Project Manager focused on Water Resources and Hydrogeology projects who has a desire to contribute to our clients’ success and is looking for new learning experiences and opportunities for career growth. This position will be working out of our Minneapolis, MN, Duluth, MN or Green Bay, WI office.
- Lead hydrogeology and surface water hydrology projects in the mining and environmental services industry
- Lead interactions with clients, agencies and stakeholders to achieve project development goals and milestones
- Lead development and application of numerical groundwater flow and transport models in support of mine permitting, industrial development, and site remediation
- Lead development and application of surface water models involving rainfall runoff/hydrology and open channel hydraulic processes for mine-scale water management planning, including watershed-scale analysis, reservoir evaluation and design, open channels hydraulic design, and hydraulic structures, design, and analysis
- Leading teams in conducting field investigations, including well installation and hydrogeologic logging, aquifer testing, surface water discharge gauging, and geologic mapping
- Perform and/or lead quantitative analysis of hydrologic and hydrogeologic data, including probabilistic analysis and forecasting
- Develop and/or lead technical investigation plans for hydrologic characterization of groundwater systems in environments comprised of unconsolidated deposits, sedimentary rock and fractured crystalline rock
- Lead the production of technical reports and memos to support the permitting of natural resource development projects
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Geology with an emphasis in hydrogeology and/or surface water hydrology
- 7+ years of water resources engineering / hydrogeology experience in mining applications including site characterization, with some numerical analysis
- Professional Engineer (PE) or Professional Geologist (PG) licensure or ability to acquire within 6 months
- Master’s degree in Engineering or Geology, with an emphasis in hydrogeology and/or surface water hydrology
- Experience planning and coordinating hydrogeologic and hydrologic field studies
- Experience conducting packer and multi-well aquifer testing
- Experience analyzing field investigation data
- Experience with statistical/probabilistic analysis and forecasting involving hydrogeologic and hydrologic time series data
- Experience integrating hydrogeologic and hydrologic studies and numerical analysis with feasibility studies and alternatives analysis
- Technical writing and report preparation experience
- Experience analyzing groundwater flow and transport in deep bedrock environments
- Experience managing large data sets and evaluation of data
- Experience with numerical and quantitative analysis using groundwater models such as MODFLOW and/or GOLDSIM, etc.
- Minnesota mining project management experience
- Environmental Impact Statements/Study experience
- National Environmental Policy Act experience
- Midwest mining project management experience
All Foth Companies are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. All locations are tobacco-free
Foth is proud to be a 100% member-owned, science and engineering consulting firm with approximately 600 members. We deliver engineering solutions to a diverse portfolio of public and private clients in the areas of infrastructure, environmental engineering and science, and production solutions engineering and manufacturing. We invest heavily in our members to meet the growing and diverse needs of our clients and our members, sustain our high retention numbers, and retain our inclusive, values-based culture. We are proud of the employment experience we create for our members and of the New North Workplace Excellence Award we were recently awarded, recognizing us as an employer of choice.