Project Wetland Scientist
Des Moines, IA / Milwaukee, WI / Green Bay, WI / Minneapolis, MN / Columbia, SC / Cedar Rapids, IA / Madison, WI
Infrastructure Solutions /
Full Time Exempt /
Do you like to solve problems in an engaging, collaborative, team environment? Are you excited about discovery, technical innovation, and achievement? Does working in a flexible culture with professional growth opportunities, a family friendly vibe, and smart, caring colleagues make for a great day? If so, consider an employment opportunity at Foth and join these members who enjoy their employment experience.
Our Infrastructure Solutions business focuses on working with public agencies to solve challenges with our built infrastructure, improving the quality of life for all by helping people safely and efficiently travel, delivering clean water, and protecting public health. We partner alongside clients in all project phases, from planning through construction, on building roads, airports and water systems. Our focus is on the people we serve, and their success is our inspiration.
Foth’s Infrastructure Solutions is currently undergoing exciting growth supporting clients in the restoration of wetlands and streams through mitigation banking. As a result, we are seeking a team-focused and results-oriented Environmental Scientist who is looking to play a significant role in executing mitigation banking projects. This opportunity can be based out of Foth offices in Iowa (Des Moines, Cedar Rapids), Wisconsin (Milwaukee, Madison, Green Bay), Minnesota (Lake Elmo), or South Carolina (Columbia).
What you will do:
- Develop wetland and stream restoration concepts to be used in the mitigation banking process
- Prepare mitigation banking documents in accordance with the Clean Water Act and 2008 Mitigation Rule
- Provide formal presentations to regulatory agencies on site walkthroughs and restoration concepts
- Coordinate with regulatory agencies, including USFWS, USACE, EPA, and DNR to approve mitigation banking documents
- Build relationships with governmental project managers to promote a streamlined authorization process
- Coordinate construction and restoration activities with property owners and contractors
- Prepare annual monitoring reports for regulatory agencies
What we are looking for in you:
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science or other natural sciences programs
- Minimum of five (5) years of focused experience in natural resource projects to include wetland, stream, and upland restoration as well as wetland delineation
- Experience in mitigation banking to include developing prospectuses and banking instruments
- Proficient with GIS and GPS mapping utilizing ESRI products
- 10+ years of professional experience, preferably in the consulting industry to include project management; interaction with clients and regulatory agencies; and mentoring/training newer-career team members.
All Foth Companies are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. All locations are tobacco-free.
Foth, the largest engineering and science consulting firm headquartered in Wisconsin, employs more than 650 members and operates in 28 locations to provide our national and international clients with convenient, personal services.
Our dynamic science and engineering teams at Foth are organized into business units – Environment Solutions, Infrastructure Solutions, and Production Solutions – each comprised of extraordinary talent embodying decades of knowledge and specialized expertise. We bring our 80 year history of success and interdisciplinary knowledge to every client we serve, understanding their business, providing trusted advice, and developing customized, innovative solutions with remarkable energy and ingenuity.
Foth provides engineers, scientists, and other talented professionals an award-winning employment experience, including flexibility to balance work and life. We take on our clients’ toughest challenges which provides meaningful project assignments working alongside creative and dedicated team members.
Foth’s commitment to our members is demonstrated by annually reinvesting 5% of professional fee revenues in professional development activities. Our work environment is professional, collaborative, and fun. Each day, we work together in a unified, values-based culture, helping our clients’ achieve their goals and improving the world we live in.
Join our team and experience the Foth difference!