Green Bay, WI /
Environment Solutions /
Full Time Exempt
Do you like to solve problems in an engaging, collaborative, team environment? Are you excited about discovery, technical innovation, and achievement? Does working in a flexible culture with professional growth opportunities, a family friendly vibe, and smart, caring colleagues make for a great day? If so, consider an employment opportunity at Foth and join these members who enjoy their employment experience.
The scientists and engineers of Foth Environment Solutions take on complex projects across many markets, including manufacturing, mining, solid waste, utilities, and coastal infrastructure. Informed by decades of experience and today’s best practices, we solve critical problems and add value in each of the markets we serve.
Foth Environment Solutions has a long track record of exceptional results. Whether the goal is asset realization, navigating regulations, ensuring safety, reducing costs, or gaining a competitive edge, we are ready for the challenge.
Foth Infrastructure & Environment, LLC is currently seeking a team-focused, innovative, and results-oriented Environmental Geochemist who is seeking new learning experiences and career growth opportunities. The position will be located in our Green Bay, WI / Minneapolis or Duluth, MN office with a potential for a flexible working arrangement.
- Assist in the design and investigation of the fate and transport of natural and anthropogenic compounds in various environmental matrices, including air, water, biota, sediments, and soil
- Assist in the design and execution of mining material characterization programs to determine the geochemical behavior of mine wastes
- Perform physical and chemical analysis, data synthesis, and report preparation
- Provide technical leadership on complex, multi-disciplined projects
- Develop and implement technical approaches for numerical analysis of groundwater and surface water systems in support of mining operations, industrial development, and site remediation
- Validate data to qualify source data utilized for analysis
- Engage in professional associations including publishing papers and presenting at conferences
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel to project and team locations on an as needed basis (10%)
- Master’s degree in Geology, Chemistry, Engineering, or a closely related field
- 3 years’ experience on complex, multi-disciplined projects interacting with clients and regulatory agencies
- Experience with the following: data visualization software to present results of modeling, and conducting geochemical characterization of earthen materials related to mining operations and contaminated sediment
- Strong organization and project team coordination skills
- Ability to review and interpret environmental regulations
- Excellent communication skills, technical writing skills, and experience reviewing data for synthesis into environmental review documents
- 5 years’ experience
- Conducting geochemical modeling utilizing The Geochemist’s Workbench® or similar software
- Experience delivering state and federal environmental review documents primarily in Minnesota and Michigan
- Experience working in a technical consulting firm
- Experience managing large data sets and evaluation of data
- Experience with statistical analysis
- Experience with federal environmental review process including NEPA and state environmental review processes such as MEPA
- Experience with preparing federal and state permit applications for natural resource projects
All Foth Companies are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. All locations are tobacco-free.
Foth, the largest engineering and science consulting firm headquartered in Wisconsin, employs more than 600 members and operates in 26 locations to provide our national and international clients with convenient, personal services.
Our dynamic science and engineering teams at Foth are organized into business units – Environment Solutions, Infrastructure Solutions, and Production Solutions – each comprised of extraordinary talent embodying decades of knowledge and specialized expertise. We bring our 80 year history of success and interdisciplinary knowledge to every client we serve, understanding their business, providing trusted advice, and developing customized, innovative solutions with remarkable energy and ingenuity.
Foth provides engineers, scientists, and other talented professionals an award-winning employment experience, including flexibility to balance work and life. We take on our clients’ toughest challenges which provides meaningful project assignments working alongside creative and dedicated team members.
Foth’s commitment to our members is demonstrated by annually reinvesting 5% of professional fee revenues in professional development activities. Our work environment is professional, collaborative, and fun. Each day, we work together in a unified, values-based culture, helping our clients’ achieve their goals and improving the world we live in.
Join our team and experience the Foth difference!