Venture Capital Analyst Intern (f/m/d)
Berlin, Germany /
We are constantly hiring Venture Capital Interns!
Foundamental is a new type of venture capital firm. We are market insiders. We have deep knowledge from a very detailed to a global perspective in our chosen industry of focus: construction. Construction is one of the least efficient industries due to ultra-opaque processes and its fragmented nature. And: construction accounts for more than 13% of global CO2 emissions per year. Our vision is to fundamentally change how construction works and disrupt the last “El Dorado” to build exponential ventures. As a deep-insight venture firm our ambition is to have deeper knowledge of the workflows, users and commercialization in construction markets than any other venture firm in the world. We invest into one venture per month.
In a nutshell
We are looking for an outstanding individual who dedicates herself or himself to supporting our venture capital due diligences with rigorous data analysis, fact‑driven logic and exceptional speed and quality of results.
As part of our team you will work with one of the Partners in our venture capital team. You will contribute closely on live deals in either North America, Asia or Europe in a variety of technologies (eg. autonomous systems, machine vision etc.).
You will be responsible for …
- Collecting and aggregating the required information from ventures in the deal’s data room
- Adopting our frameworks of analysis
- Executing deep analysis of the venture during our due diligence, applying the most suitable framework
- Developing and refining questions and hypotheses to be covered during the due diligence with the venture’s founding team
- Supporting, in total, on 3-4 due diligences during your internship
We will give you execution responsibility - no paper pushing, no work for the drawer. Your work will have an impact on our organization by either deciding to invest in stellar companies on stellar terms, or avoiding to invest.
You fit with us when ...
- You find it easy to build highly logical and structured thoughts. You know first principles thinking without googling it.
- You enjoy working with numbers and evidences.
- You are persistent and unstoppable. You consider it a personal defeat when you cannot find an information you want to have.
- You have successfully completed your Bachelors, and are in your Masters studies or beyond.
- Your studies are within science, engineering, economics, management, or business law.
- You have top 10% academic credentials.
- You have work experience through at least 1 other significant internship.
- You are fluent in English. German language is not required.
- You commit to at least 4 months. More is appreciated.
- You are able to obtain or obtaining a visa for Schengen zone, if required.
In other words: we prefer IQ + EQ + mindset over experience.
What’s in for you?
- Build experience in venture capital.
- Gain exposure to early-stage ventures.
- Develop your methodologies for sector research and due diligence.
- Be part of a global team investing across borders.
Location and timing: Berlin. We hire year-round. Whether you want to start next week or in 1 year. If you fit to us, we will create an opportunity that fits your plans.
How to apply: We like it simple. You can apply by sending your CV and 3 short but precise bullet points of your motivation.