AR Developer (Poplar)
London, United Kingdom /
Accelerator – Engineering /
Poplar (https://poplar.studio/) is on a mission to democratise the creation of augmented reality content. Through our community of 1,400+ AR creators, our platform has enabled the production of amazing augmented reality experiences (https://poplar.studio/showcase/) for major brands including Universal Music, Sony Music, Fox, Disney, L’Oréal, King, and Speedo amongst many others.
This is a great opportunity to join a small but ambitious team in a fast-moving industry with an experienced founding team, strong backing (Fuel Ventures, Founders Factory, Haatch Ventures, Ascension Ventures, Super Ventures) and an array of exciting clients.
We’re looking for an AR Developer to join our growing team to help deliver client projects as well as contribute to the development of our in-house 3D and AR related technology.
• Building prototypes of AR effects to pitch to prospective clients
• Assessing feasibility of different solutions to meet briefs
• Coordinating with creators to review work and provide feedback
• Developing in-house tools to enable our community of creators to build higher quality effects more quickly
Technical Skills Note: we don’t expect you to have all of these skills!:
• Strong hacker spirit, enjoying playing around with emerging technologies
• Experience with Spark AR and Snap Lens Studio
• Experience with a variety of 3D modelling tools e.g. Blender, Maya, Cinema4D, 3ds Max etc.
• Experience with Unity
• Solid understanding of UX/design patterns in augmented reality
• Ability to use design packages such as Photoshop
• Strong understanding of cross-browser and cross-device testing
• Experience with version control software e.g. Git
These are the extra nice to haves:
• Experience working with 3rd party SDKs e.g. DeepAR, 8th Wall, Banuba
• Experience with ARCore/ARKit
• Experience with image tracking libraries such as Vuforia, EasyAR
• Experience interacting with web APIs
• Experience with computer vision e.g. OpenCV
• Experience working with 360 video/images
• Ability to build mobile apps
• Strong track record in social AR e.g. published multiple effects, achieved significant usage with them
• Familiarity with AR/VR headsets e.g. Magic Leap, Hololens, Oculus Quest
What We Offer
Flexible working hours - we care about getting the job done more than the exact hours you’re at your desk.
Equity - we believe employees should share in the success of the business.
Fun and supportive culture - we firmly believe in fostering a positive work environment, which means having fun as a team while challenging ourselves.
Support for community projects - we believe volunteering and community activities shouldn’t come out of your 25 days’ holiday allowance.
Inspiring surroundings - our office (when able to use it!) is filled with green life, but we also take the time to run offsites elsewhere in London (and beyond).
Opportunity to learn rapidly - you’ll be working with experienced media tech pioneers in a fast-paced company and industry.
Dog-friendly environment - just ask our office dogs, Indiya (@indiyathepuppy) and Flip (@flipthepuppy).
We are committed to building a diverse culture and are eager to receive applications from all backgrounds. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.
Role Type: Permanent
Salary: £35,000-45,000 depending on experience + bonus & equity