Front-End Engineer - Tripplo
Founders Factory Africa – Portfolio /
Tripplo (Pty) Ltd is a Johannesburg based, South African registered business. Our vision is to
create a new standard for African road freight logistics. There is a growing need across the
African continent for in-country and inter-country goods that need to be transported by road.
Therefore, road freight logistics is pivotal to economies on the African continent. There are
currently some major challenges in the industry such as: high fragmentation, inefficiency,
opaqueness, and unreliability. These problems and many others have resulted in African
economies losing hundreds of billions of dollars yearly.
Tripplo will create the new standard for road freight logistics in Africa by building a software
platform that automates and optimises operations for transporters. Tripplo’s initial focus is
solving problems for transporters (truck owners) which will naturally result in cargo owners and
cargo brokers benefiting immensely. Tripplo will enable transporters to: manage their company
and data compliantly, manage compliance of their fleet in one place, do automated and
comprehensive route plans, get automated trip performance tracking, conduct thorough trip
financial analysis, access in-trip services, access business through a loads marketplace, and
ability to do electronic proof of deliveries.
Whilst other emerging platforms are mainly focus on connecting demand with supply, Tripplo is
mastering each mile of the African road to ensure that movement of goods between different
points on the African continent is as efficient as possible.
Talent is core to the execution of Tripplo’s vision. We value and support each other as a team to
ensure each team member realises their full potential and ultimately deliver quality as a team for
all stakeholders. We therefore welcome a diverse range of opinions, partners, and doers in the
journey. We then ensure that feedback flows consistently, and we continuously improve
ourselves in all we do. We have a strong action-orientation as we harness the window of
opportunity to revolutionise the state of African logistics.
With offices in Johannesburg, we collaborate with teams from different parts of the world,
different cultures, different time zones, and different exposures, making the journey even more
Angular-JS. Your primary focus will be on developing user interface components and
implementing them following well-known React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux). You will
ensure that these components and the overall application are robust and easy to maintain. You
are required to have a great understanding of API integration and state management. You will
coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a
commitment to collaborative problem solving and quality product is important.
● Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use.
● Developing new user-facing features using React.js
● Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
● Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable
devices and browsers
● Collaboration with Backend developers to manage APIs integration.
● Thorough implementation of state management.
● Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
● Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
● Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript
● Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
● Knowledge of isomorphic React is a plus
● Familiarity with RESTful / GraphQL APIs
● Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
● Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
● Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM,
● Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical
● A knack for benchmarking and optimization
● Familiarity with code versioning tools GIT, BitBucket, etc…
● Great team player
● Relentlessly resourceful and creative problem solving
● High risk tolerance and boundless ambition
● A collaborative approach and willingness to be wrong
● You will be working in an exciting start-up environment where you can practise and
harness your creativity and innovation.
● You will have an opportunity to be part of a founding team of a high-potential start-up
with global ambition.
● Tripplo has built very strategic partnerships and is backed by some global organisations
in Africa which you will also have access to.
● Go through the job description and assess if you fit the requirements,
● Submit your CV, cover letter and other relevant application documentation to
email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org,
● If you fit the criteria, you will take part in a 30-minute telephonic interview,
● If successful, you will be invited to our offices for a 1-hour in-person interview,
● If successful, you will be given a case study for you to solve and present back to Tripplo,
● If successful, Tripplo will conduct reference checks,
● If successful, we will begin offer negotiations and you will receive a formal offer letter,
● If all parties are happy, we will onboard you to become part of our exciting business.