Interaction Designer/ Front-end Developer
London, United Kingdom /
Accelerator – Engineering /
Who are we?
Passionate about food? Fascinated by robots? Join Karakuri.
We are a small, friendly and creative team building robots for the restaurant and food industries and we’re having a lot of fun along the way. Our teams work across robotics, mechatronics, software and down into embedded systems.
What will you do?
As the Interaction Designer/ Front-end Developer, you’ll be responsible for the user journey and experience of all robot users.
You will be designing and building the front-end of the software enabling our customers to interact with the robots whilst supporting the engineers in designing the best human-machine interfaces.
You’ll be accountable for:
• Building the user interfaces of our robots in React
• Collaborating with back-end developers to improve usability
• Helping to design the physical interaction with our robot
• Getting feedback from, and building solutions for, users and customers
• Creating quality wireframes, mockups and prototypes
• Developing and implementing our own design system
• Ensuring high-quality graphic standards and brand consistency
What we need you to have:
• Proven work experience in a designer or developer role.
• A great understanding of designing user interactions
Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
• In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
• Degree in design or computer science
It would be a bonus if you have:
• Experience of working in fast-paced startup environments.
• Worked with Adobe Suite, Sketch and Balsamiq
• Experience in designing complex human-machine interfaces in hardware and software
• Familiarity with robotics, IoT, connected appliances or food processing machines.
• As well as being a fun place to work, we also offer a competitive salary and the following perks:
• Good contributory pension
• Vitality Health Insurance - giving you discounted gym membership plus many more rewards
• Monthly social events!
• And of course, you’ll get to play with our robots...