Founders Factory Africa – Makers Lab /
We're building the most powerful growth engine for African startups and their founders.
Founders Factory Africa (FFA) is unlike any place else you’ve ever worked. We are venture builders dedicated to solving some of Africa’s biggest challenges and capitalizing on it’s incredible potential by leveraging market and tech opportunities. Over the next five years, we’ll build 40 businesses from scratch and scale 100 existing growth-stage ventures through our venture development programs. Backed by leading corporates, such as Standard Bank – the continent’s largest bank – we have access to their vast resources, infrastructure, and expertise and will bring those to bear for all our ventures and entrepreneurs. Starting with FinTech and HealthTech, FFA will expand our focus as we grow, adding other sectors that include retail, transportation, energy, and education.
Our goals are audacious, and we want to work with people who share our passion for pursuing transformation at scale. We believe that good ideas can come from anywhere - not just the top - and we love to build our way out of uncertainty. At FFA, you will work with and meet outstanding and diverse talent from across the continent and help us build a collaborative, inclusive, and supportive network. You will work faster (and learn faster) than you ever have before.
With offices in Johannesburg and London, we are building an ambitious, talented, and passionate team, ensuring that Founders Factory Africa is the continent’s best partner for founders.
At FFA, Growth Marketers play an integral role in growing startups across Africa to scale. You’ll work with businesses across our Venture Scale (existing startups we are scaling) and Venture Build (startups we build in-house) programs.
In this role, you will be responsible for planning and executing growth marketing strategies for a rolling cohort of startups that are part of our portfolio. This is a unique opportunity to be exposed to and deliver growth for a wide range of businesses across multiple industry sectors, African countries and business models.
Our Growth Marketers are curious and creative, and their work reflects a deep empathy for the people they are building for. You should enjoy the messiness that is the design process and thrive in a fast-paced, constantly evolving startup environment, but be comfortable building processes and applying an analytical lens and lean methodologies to your work.
- Support in driving early stage customer acquisition through tactical execution of organic and paid channels
- Inform product concepts, commercial models and go-to-market strategies for the businesses we create.
- Work closely with the wider team to iterate on audience hypotheses, propositions and creatives.
- Collaborate with product teams to optimise user experiences and conversion funnels.
- Design and implement multi-channel CRM and retention programmes.
- Scope and implement best practice analytics for web and mobile products.
- Gather and interpret qualitative and quantitative data to inform decisions involving not just the marketing, but also the sales and customer support functions
- Work closely with founders participating in the accelerator - advising and supporting all facets of commercial growth.
- Participate in the screening and selection of investments together with our leadership team and corporate partners.
- 3+ years experience in digital marketing, at least some of it in a startup environment
- Hands-on experience with a range of tools and channels.
- Entrepreneurial, with an enthusiasm for early-stage startups in emerging markets.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively collaborate with founders, investors and product teams.
- Degree in business, marketing, economics or a related discipline a plus.
Founders Factory Africa provides a rare opportunity to join a team of world-class thinkers, entrepreneurs, and creators. We provide the freedom and excitement of early-stage startups but the stability and resources of a large organisation. Founders Factory Africa has global ambitions, and you’ll play a key role in our future success.
This role is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a high-growth organization as part of the founding team and to help shape the future of Africa’s startup ecosystem.