Golang developer (Karakuri)
London, United Kingdom /
Accelerator – Engineering /
Who are we?
Passionate about food? Fascinated by robots? Join Karakuri.
We are a small, friendly and creative team building robots for restaurant and food industries and we’re having a lot of fun along the way. Our teams work across robotics, mechatronics, software and down into embedded systems.
What will you do?
As a Backend Software Developer, you’ll be working on our distributed software systems to connect customers, robots and restaurants through code. As a key part of the team, you’ll be working on our core software to control our robotic machines. You’ll be building your own modules and you’ll also be responsible for how they integrate into the wider architecture. You will help us to build and maintain our internal tools to keep our development process fun and efficient.
What we need you to have:
• 2-5 years of industry experience shipping software, preferably in the robotics, IoT, Machine Learning, Embedded OS space.
• Application development experience in Go or a similar higher-level language (e.g. Rust, TypeScript, Java, C# etc.)
• Experience of working in an agile environment.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a technical area (or equivalent work experience.
• Be available to work in the UK (unfortunately we are not yet able to sponsor visas).
It would be a bonus if you have:
• Experience in building and maintaining DevOps environments (GitLab CI, docker, etc.)
• Familiarity with robotic software development environments.
• Experience building end-to-end systems, from embedded software to the cloud,
• Worked with gRPC and protobuf.
• Experience with TDD processes and a strong sense for quality.
• Understanding of micro-services and decentralised systems.
• Experience with React and frontend development.
• As well as being a fun place to work, we also offer a competitive salary and the following perks:
• Good contributory pension
• Vitality Health Insurance - giving you discounted gym membership plus many more rewards
• Monthly social events!
• Weekly team lunch.
• And of course, you’ll get to play with our robots...