Data Scientist (Carra)
London, United Kingdom /
Studio – Data Science /
What is Carra?
Carra is a hyper-personalisation platform that offers bespoke hair care routines, expert advice, content and product recommendations. We combine human expertise and machine learning to personalise the beauty experience. This platform will transform the way women take care of textured hair. Carra is hair changing.
Targeting the world’s fast growing multicultural community (70% of the world’s 7.4bn citizens), we are transforming an overwhelming retail experience into a deeply personalised experience.
We understand that data is at the core of our business, and are investing from day one on making sure that the product and infrastructure are built in such a way that enables us to apply the best in class machine learning algorithms to accomplish our vision.
What is the role?
We are looking for talented Data Scientist to lead our Artificial Intelligence domain. In this role, you will own and drive the development of our AI/ML systems, working in close partnership with Engineering, Product and UX to develop a groundbreaking consumer experience.
Key Focuses: Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Virtual Beauty and Personalisation
- Lead the AI / ML strategy and grow a high performing AI/ML workstream
- Design and execute our vision of building the best in class recommendation engines for the textured hair industry
- Experiment with Computer Vision and NLP algorithms to extract valuable user data and feed the recommendation engines
- Prototype, test and iterate upon algorithms that continue to improve on the user experience
- Come up with new and interesting ways to leverage publicly available datasets for our projects
- Work closely with Product/Founder to define, shape and validate the initial product through product insights, data analysis etc.
- Conduct data driven experiments and effectively communicate results to the team
Skills we'd like to see:
- Have an MSc/PhD in a quantitative subject (Computer Science, Engineering or Machine learning)
- 2 + years of professional data science experience
- Demonstrated experience of building recommender and machine/ transfer learning systems
- Willingness to build end-to-end data science solutions, including data sourcing, ETL, analysis
- Experience of deploying machine learning algorithms into production and writing high quality Python code
- Are familiar with Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision and Image Recognition systems
- (Bonus) Experience building data pipelines and scalable cloud data architectures
Other things that are important to us:
- You love our brand and are excited about our vision
- You're passionate about startups - you want to work hard and build something great and have the ability to learn and adapt in a rapidly changing environment
We are committed to building a diverse culture and are eager to receive applications from all backgrounds. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination.