Full Stack Engineer
London, United Kingdom
Accelerator – Engineering
We are looking for a talented developer to supercharge the tech powering our startup, Entale.
Entale is an innovative new platform for publishing and consuming enhanced, interactive, visual podcasts.
Our iOS app makes it possible to indulge your curiosity while listening to podcasts, by adding pictures, links, maps and other relevant content to engage with or save for later. It has been featured by Apple as the number 1 podcast listening app, and recently won a Webby Award for Best Visual Design.
Our mission is to bring this immersive experience to all spoken word audio. To do that we’re using Natural Language Processing and Entity Recognition technologies to automate the detection of relevant, interactive content.
As well as improving and maintaining our app, you will contribute to the range of back-end services that power it: our search and recommendation system, content editor, admin panel, and the AI-powered content-generation system that makes Entale unique.
We are a fast-growing startup with a small, dynamic team and a lot of momentum. So far this year we’ve won a Webby, been awarded a Google DNI grant, raised our latest funding round and we’re just getting started! Based in High Street Kensington amongst other startups in the Founders Factory offices, we have a host of Slack channels, beer fridge, regular team lunches and lots of quiet working spaces for breakout and brainstorming.
The Entale Product Development team is the core of our startup and comprises engineers, product designer & product lead working together to build out the Entale platform.
- 1-2 years experience as a software engineer
- Be eager to play with new technologies
- Confident over the full stack of web or mobile development
- Enthusiastic about working closely with product managers & designers to help define the product
- Passionate about creating a business and a culture that promotes innovation and excellence
Nice to haves
- Knowledgeable of a range of modern web or mobile frameworks, e.g. React, iOS, Android
- Knowledgeable on a range of back-end technologies such as Node, Elastic Search, DynamoDB, Redis, Terraform, Serverless, AWS or similar
- Passionate about podcasts