CEO, Co-founder (This Much I Know)
London, United Kingdom /
Studio – Commercial /
Founders Factory is unlike anywhere else. Within our incubator, we create entirely new products from scratch and turn promising concepts into prototypes and MVPs. We validate commercial assumptions along the way to attract a full founding team, then spin the new company out as a fully-fledged business.
🗞What is This Much I Know?
This Much I Know (TMIK) is a rapidly scaling new age female focused news brand which aims to power a society that is more knowledgeable, less fearful, and is engaging in healthier conversations around the news. We want to share positive takes on news that encourage readers to both take action and engage in a dialogue to express their thoughts
This will be an exciting journey – we are truly innovating in the news space and have a fast growing community across our apps (#ThisMuchIKnow on Google Play and AppleStore), newsletters, live events and Instagram. We have been funded by Guardian Media Ventures through Founders Factory and have recently been given a grant by Nesta, which is backed by the UK government, to hear from voices that aren’t currently represented in the media.
We are passionate about seeking new voices in the media. TMIK celebrates diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We’re looking for a CEO to lead the team, deliver a compelling value proposition for brands and drive forward the TMIK mission. There is a current team of 6 including writers, a tech lead and a product manager with runway until next year.
You will be an evangelist for driving positive conversations and action, plus be a brilliant broker of partnerships, with enormous ambition to grow this business to an inspirational, revolutionary legacy media brand for future generations. We’ve already closed our first substantial deals and 2020 is growing to be a vital year of fast growth for us. The perfect CEO is a mission driven, analytical, commercially minded CEO. Partnerships will be key to scale our growth.
You will be responsible for
- The ultimate success of TMIK as we scale
- Setting a clear mission and commercialisation strategy
- Building out our network of partnership brands
- Hiring, motivating and retaining a world-class team
- Driving day-to-day operations and coaching functional teams
- Being the face of our brand
You will possess the following skills
- A proven track record of brand partnerships
- Experience working in the new age media space or disruptive media technologies
- Experience with building plans to monetize data
- Data-driven, creative and able to build relationships
- Significant experience in a leadership capacity
- Genuine desire to shake up how news is consumed
- Visionary: mission-driven and ambitious, with a clear vision and strategy
- A Thought Leader: charismatic, expert and at home on a stage; able to form views quickly in the face of new information and articulate them clearly and persuasively
- A Dealmaker: commercially-minded and able to conceptualise, design, negotiate and close brilliant deals with partners, customers and investors alike
- A Product Owner: customer-oriented and able to design, manage and market world-class products
- A Decision-maker: decisive in the face of limited information
- A Firefighter: calm in the face of unexpected challenges; quick to create, communicate and execute responses
- The Wearer of Many Hats: you do what it takes to get stuff don
We are committed to building a diverse culture and are eager to receive applications from all backgrounds. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination.