Software Engineer - Industrial Placement (Quanterium)
London, United Kingdom
Accelerator – Engineering
What’s the deal? Want to join the decentralised revolution? We think that Blockchain will make a huge difference to the world and we aim to be part of that.
What are we building? We are incorporating elements of Blockchain technology to create a state-of-the-art Digital Assets platform (Coins, Utility & Security Tokens etc).
Who are we? The Founding team is made up of two co-founders who have been at JP Morgan and Imperial College London.
Work culture? We have a flexible environment with perks and a lot of humour. There are no managers and tasks. Instead there are responsibilities and targets.
Stage? We have closed our first round of fundraising in mid 2018 backed by a reputable Venture Capital Firm, Accelerator & Hedge Fund and looking to grow the team.
Quanterium is seeking an energetic fast learner to join our Tech team on a 6 month placement. The job is on a full-time basis, at our offices on High Street Kensington.
You will play a key role in an exciting early-stage start-up and gain invaluable experience from working with the founding team and Founders Factory accelerator.
You will develop a trading platform for a new asset class and get involved with architecture design. You will work closely with our CTO & Tech team to make the above a reality.
This role is targeted at University Students who have to do an industrial placement as part of their course.
- Experience in any of Go, Python, C++ & desire to learn others
- Exposure to cloud computing infrastructure and networking, ideally AWS
- Working knowledge of containerisation tools such as Docker
- Understanding of distributed system architecture & design
- Agile & fastlearner with strong time management
- Strong CS fundamentals - algorithms & datastructures
- Worked on multipleprojects - personal, corporate or academic
- Passion for innovation and for working in early stage startups
- Interest in #Fintech, #Crypto, #Markets, #Blockchain
Perks of working with us
- Free soft drinks, beer, wine, cereal & yogurt at a cool office in Central London
- Free Lunch every Thursday and Friday
- Free Spotify Subscription - we take our music seriously
- Monthly team events
- Open access to regular talks and events around the accelerator
Talk to us
Please apply by going to our careers page here. We look forward to reviewing your application! If you have any questions please email email@example.com