Studio Data Science
London, United Kingdom /
Factory – Data Science /
👋 Hey, We're Founders Factory
Founders Factory is improving the odds of startup success, empowering anyone to impact the world through entrepreneurship.
We’re changing the venture model, trusting our ability to make a real difference to the companies we invest in. Our platform gives entrepreneurs market access to multi-national corporates, and bespoke operational support from a big and brilliant team. This allows us to do things that don’t scale, tailoring a program to every startup that joins. Letting our startups tap into skills they need but can’t yet access.
All of this is funded by our corporate partners, but their role is not simply cash. They bring the best bits of their businesses to our startups - validation, distribution, insight and capital. These are ingredients that startups others don’t have, which is why you see startups here that can not exist anywhere else.
We’re here so founders who see the future differently get the skills they need to make it a reality. We’re proud to back founders others wouldn’t and we back ourselves to make them successful. We know the biggest impact comes from those that don’t fit the mould so we’ve made Founders Factory their home.
As we expand, our startup studio and accelerator companies require more data science support than ever and now we're looking for a Studio Data Scientist. This will include working closely with our studio teams to advise on and build algorithms that have the potential to change industries. You will also add value and provide guidance where needed to leverage our corporate investors’ internal assets, such as data and domain knowledge.
The successful candidate will work closely with our Chief Scientific Officer, Jeffrey Ng, who looks after the AI sector.
There is large scope to help an amazing range of data-driven and AI companies from the bottom up and a large part of this role will be for you to create as you go.
- You will be consulting and advising our incubator businesses on data pipelines and AI implementation
- Work with startups in the studio to identify opportunities to apply data science and ML to new products
- Roll-up sleeves and build the algorithms and data science infrastructure that will power our studio startups
- Coach founders using your expertise in data science and management to build big businesses
- Define your own role
- MSc and/or PhD in a quantitative subject (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Machine Learning)
- Recommender systems
- Python coding
- Natural Language Processing and Understanding
- Computer vision and Image Recognition systems
- Have high emotional intelligence and empathy for our founders as well as for your fellow colleagues in the founders factory operations team
- Be organised with a strong attention to detail and an ability to balance detail with the big picture.
- Have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- Have great knowledge of what makes a good process and being able to apply frameworks and methodologies for the right problem
- 1-2 years experience, especially coaching team members or interfacing with product managers/stakeholders
Not essential but nice to haves
- Understands business value and what moves the needle
- Ambition to work on product or build a startup
- Business savvy
We provide all the excitement and freedom of an early stage startup but with the stability and resources of a large organisation. This is your rare chance to contribute across the full business spectrum to become a founder in the future:
Growth: Work with and meet exceptional talent. Learn faster than you ever have before. Access our large network of investors and customers.
Autonomy: Freedom to execute, build businesses, not just products.
Support: marketing, legal, finance, fundraising, growth, business development and recruitment.
Health and Wellness: Comprehensive extended health care coverage from Vitality and Spill counselling.
Office Space: Desk space in fully-serviced office on High Street Ken with table tennis table, scooters and breakout spaces.
Office Meals: Catered lunches 2 days a week, unlimited breakfast, healthy snacks, freshly ground coffee and Paul’s Irish Bar.
We are committed to building a diverse culture and are eager to receive applications from all backgrounds. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination.
Please note: we have an overwhelming number of applications and will do our best to get back to you within 72 hours if you fit the bill.