Tech Cofounder - Project Healthkey
London or Europe /
Studio – Engineering /
HealthKey is an API-first platform that enables digital health companies (e.g. digital therapeutics, mental health apps, e-pharmacies) to be accepted and reimbursed by large payers (e.g. insurers, large employers, health plans). HealthKey aims to build a two-sided platform between payers and digital health companies to enable easier payment flows, procurement processes, and integration systems for both parties.
In essence, HealthKey could be described as the Okta or TrueLayer for the healthcare industry. Please find the full pitch here.
Healthkey is backed by Founders Factory, which builds and funds startups together with exceptional entrepreneurs and the world's leading companies. We operate sector-focused accelerator programs and venture funds, investing in visionary founders at early stages. Since 2015, our 300 portfolio companies have raised $720mm follow on funding from some of the leading names in venture.
💸 Why now?
Similar to what Fintech did for Financial Service, we are witnessing the golden age of digital health. Propelled by infrastructure APIs that make it easier for startups to build health services, we are seeing more ventures going after niche needs, underserved communities and/or specific conditions resulting in a plethora of verticalized propositions.
We believe that in the future the digital health ecosystem will become highly fragmented and difficult to manage for insurers and employers. Combined with changing customer behaviours (users increasingly searching and serving their health needs directly through specific D2C health solutions), a desire for a more personalised set of health services and the employers’ need to offer better benefits, HealthKey will become a turn-key wallet solution for payers and digital health companies.
📈 Unfair advantage
Founders Factory is in a position to leverage huge value add from our corporate partner Aviva on Project Healthkey. This could include:
- Leveraging Aviva’s brand and scale as the first client to help solve the typical cold start problem of a marketplace venture
- Insights into their procurement process for health services and the business case for insurers joining the Healthkey platform
- We could run a small pilot with Aviva employees to validate verticalized health services in highest demand Working closely with the Founders Factory portfolio start-ups (like Mosaic Health) to give insights into how to integrate with modern health insuretechs.
As part of the founding team you will be an instrumental part of shaping the product & business strategy. You will own the tech strategy and manage day-to-day engineering execution. Looking ahead, you will be responsible for helping grow the team and set up the technical capabilities of the business for growth.
Interesting technical challenges include:
- Design a secure secure and scalable API integration
- Platform integration with multiple best-in-class digital health providers, think about some of the best D2C digital health brands you’ve seen around APIs to expose capabilities to 3rd parties
- Create a health services payment card
- Taking charge of platform development, making key decisions on technical architecture
- Delivering the MVP, enabling us to test, iterate and serve our growing membership base
- Ensuring the systems architecture and infrastructure is scalable and can support growth
- Feeding into product strategy and identifying opportunities to quickly deliver customer value
- Partnering with and navigating the digital health provider’s tech teams to easily integrate with our platform
You will have the following skills
- Demonstrated ability to deliver product in a tech startup environment
- Confidence over the full stack of web development, preferably Node.js or Python for backend, React for frontend and AWS for infrastructure
- Experience with OAuth 2.0
- Experience with API Integrations
- Ability to inspire and build a team
- Entrepreneurial spirit, flexibility and willingness to work across a range of areas and grittiness to operate in a start-up environment
What’s in it for you?
- As part of the founding team, a significant equity position in the business
- A salary from the Founders Factory initial investment meaning you don’t have to worry about fundraising early on
- Autonomy to build & scale the product as YOU best see fit
- Hands-on operational support from a team of smart and passionate people from Founders Factory
- Unparalleled access to FF partners and wider network (for life!)
- A unique opportunity to build a business that will scale.
We are committed to building a diverse culture and are eager to receive applications from all backgrounds. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination.