Founder and CEO (Bomad)
London, United Kingdom /
Studio – Commercial /
Founders Factory is unlike anywhere else. Within our incubator, we create entirely new products from scratch and turn promising concepts into prototypes and MVPs. We validate commercial assumptions along the way to attract a full founding team, then spin the new company out as a fully-fledged business.
What is Bomad?
Bomad unlocks wealth for the whole family, enabling parents to support their children to get on the property ladder, fund their education or buy a car. Bomad will allow parents to visualise family wealth and income in one place and forecast retirement needs.
Based on individual family requirements it will recommend a range of products to unlock illiquid assets such as property or pensions whilst protecting retirement funds. It will then allow parents to securely and tax efficiently transfer wealth to their children when they need it most.
We’re looking for a Founder in Residence and CEO to lead Bomad, and the business that it becomes. As Founder in Residence, you will establish the overarching vision, develop the business model, the product functionality, go-to-market strategy and attract a world-class founding team around you. After Bomad’s incubation period, you will become the CEO of the newly created business as it spins out of our incubator and joins our accelerator programme. You’ll have £250K funding as well as twelve months of operational support from Founders Factory.
You will be responsible for
- The ultimate success of Bomad and the resulting business, from build and launch through to scale
- Setting a clear mission and strategy, including product direction whether that's a consumer proposition or a B2B model
- Building B2B relationships with a network of Financial Advisors, Wealth Managers and Lenders
- Developing a direct to consumer brand
- Hiring, motivating and retaining a world-class team
- Driving day-to-day operations and coaching functional teams
You will possess the following skills
- A proven track record of bringing ideas to life
- Experience working with new technologies and digital products
- Deep sector expertise of consumer financial services - specifically within wealth management, independent financial advice or consumer lending
- Startup experience, particularly FinTech
- Significant experience in a leadership capacity
- CeMAP qualified is desirable but not essential
- Visionary: mission-driven and ambitious, with a clear vision and strategy
- A Thought Leader: charismatic, expert and at home on a stage; able to form views quickly in the face of new information and articulate them clearly and persuasively
- A Dealmaker: commercially-minded and able to conceptualise, design, negotiate and close brilliant deals with partners, customers and investors alike
- A Product Owner: customer-oriented and able to design, manage and market world-class products
- A Decision-maker: decisive in the face of limited information
- A Firefighter: calm in the face of unexpected challenges; quick to create, communicate and execute responses
- The Wearer of Many Hats: you do what it takes to get stuff done