London, United Kingdom /
Factory – Corporate Development /
👋 Hey, We're Founders Factory
Who we are:
Founders Factory is unlike anywhere else. We take a unique approach to business creation and leverage the scale and insight from our forward thinking corporate investors to start and grow technology businesses. Our venture studio creates entirely new products from scratch and turns promising concepts into prototypes, and ultimately an MVP, validating decisions commercially along the way to attract a founding team that can spin out into a fully-fledged business. Our accelerator invests in the most promising global startups, and provides an intensive, bespoke six-month programme of support and mentorship to provide one of the most tailored growth programmes in the world.
What we need:
A rare opportunity for an ambitious UK-qualified lawyer to build upon and stretch their legal training while taking on broad business-side responsibilities in one of the world’s most ambitious companies in the early-stage fast-growth technology space. Together with some of the most forward-thinking corporates, Founders Factory is in the process of building and accelerating hundreds of early stage technology businesses. This is a broad and exciting role with the opportunity to help define and implement FF’s legal and business future as the business grows internationally.
As Legal Counsel, you will support the team invest in, and secure investment for, its portfolio companies, as well as manage legal processes in our rapidly-expanding business. You will provide legal mentorship to our portfolio companies, as well as help manage relationships with FF’s investors, and build scalable corporate development operations.
Compensation: Up to £70k + Equity package in a high growth startup
What you'll be spending your time doing:
- Running deal making & documentation when closing investment into companies joining the FF Accelerator, and structuring hive-outs from the FF Venture Studio
- Mentoring advice to the portfolio on main terms of VC/angel investment, ASAs, SAFEs, convertible notes etc
- Supporting strategic growth of the FF business on the team running JV deals with corporate investors globally
- Running legal backend - managing cap tables, team incentives, employment, and all the other legal minutiae as it arises
- Supporting the CEO and senior leadership team on all general legal matters; managing external counsel, globally
What we need from you
- UK qualified, 3-4PQE with top tier private practice corporate/M&A/investment experience, including significant exposure to venture capital, private equity and/or angel investment.
- Entrepreneurial outlook, comfortable working autonomously, exceptional technical skills and absolute comfort with numerical complexity. You must be able to run a cap table.
- Relentlessly commercial. You probably find your current job (if you work for a law firm) boring. You’ll be willing to go outside the narrow parameters of your training and be able to rapidly give a view on, say, SAFEs in Germany, or EMI options.
- An understanding of, and empathy for, the tech startup ecosystem and startup founders
- (BONUS) Experience working with a large number of early stage technology companies, ideally through more than one investment round and across various different legal issues.
In addition to a competitive salary, you’ll also receive shares in the Founders Factory global portfolio.
We provide all the excitement and freedom of an early stage startup but with the stability and resources of a large organisation. This is a rare chance to contribute towards the success of impactful ventures through hiring the right people, and to springboard your career or entrepreneurial ambitions.
Growth: Work with and meet exceptional talent. Learn faster than you ever have before. Access our large network of investors and customers. Grow your career like never before. We have many growth opportunities from taking a founder route in our studio, to cross functional movement to vertical growth in your domain, to global remit & expansion. It’s all there for the taking.
Autonomy: Freedom to execute and build businesses, not just products. We encourage risk taking here.
Remote working Opportunities: Up to 5 weeks working abroad allowance each year
Hybrid Working: We usually go into the office (located in High Street Kensington) on Tues + Thurs. Beyond that, it's up to you where you want to work
Time off: 25 days/year, 1 extra day / quarter for mental health, monthly calendar freedom day
Health and Wellness: Comprehensive extended health care coverage and perks from Vitality, quarterly mental health days, cycle to work scheme
Family Support: Workplace nursery scheme to enable you to take care of your little ones
Perks: Monthly office events, discounts across our entire portfolio and through CharlieHR Perks
Founders Factory is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where people can authentically be themselves and are free to challenge, take risks and think creatively.
We recruit, develop, compensate and promote our team members based on merit. We know how important it is not only to include, but to actively seek out diversity of thought and experiences. We want to hear from you regardless of your race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The requirements shared in our job descriptions are guidelines. If your skills are transferable and you are in the ballpark with the number of years of experience we are looking for, please apply and we will consider you for the role.
Please note: we have an overwhelming number of applications and will do our best to get back to you within two weeks if you fit the bill.