Founder in Residence (Aset)
London, United Kingdom /
Studio – Commercial /
Founders Factory is unlike anywhere else. Within our incubator, we create entirely new products from scratch and turn promising concepts into prototypes and MVPs. We validate commercial assumptions along the way to attract a full founding team, then spin the new company out as a fully-fledged business.
🧴What is Aset?
Aset is looking to take zero waste shopping mainstream. We’re building dispensers for retailers and other partners, to give brands and shoppers a more sustainable option. We are starting with high frequency, high margin products like detergents, surface care, and hand soap. However, we think that this will be the future for many other categories.
We’re looking for a Founder in Residence to lead Aset, and the business that it becomes. As Founder in Residence, you will establish the overarching vision, develop the business model, the product functionality, go-to-market strategy and attract a world-class founding team around you. After Aset’s incubation period, you will become part of the founding team of the newly created business as it spins out of our incubator and joins our accelerator programme. You’ll have £250K funding as well as twelve months of operational support from Founders Factory.
- The ultimate success of Aset and the resulting business, from build and launch through to scale
- Setting a clear mission and strategy, including product directionIdentifying and working with suppliers to build the dispensers
- Developing the go-to market strategy
- Executing on all commercial deals from trials through to contracts
- Hiring, motivating and retaining a world-class team
- Driving day-to-day operations and coaching functional teams
- A proven track record of bringing ideas to life
- Experience working with new technologies and digital products
- Ability to inspire and attract a great team and investors is a must!
- Significant experience in a leadership capacity
🤓 You are
- Visionary: mission-driven and ambitious, with a clear vision and strategy
- A Thought Leader: charismatic, expert and at home on a stage; able to form views quickly in the face of new information and articulate them clearly and persuasively
- A Dealmaker: commercially-minded and able to conceptualise, design, negotiate and close brilliant deals with partners, customers and investors alike
- A Product Owner: customer-oriented and able to design, manage and market world-class products
- A Decision-maker: decisive in the face of limited information
- A Firefighter: calm in the face of unexpected challenges; quick to create, communicate and execute responses
- The Wearer of Many Hats: you do what it takes to get stuff done