Entrepreneur in Residence (Paris)
Founders Factory Paris – Operations
Our ambition is to be the world's best partner for founders.
Started by Brent Hoberman and Henry Lane Fox, Founders Factory is backed by L’Oréal, easyJet, Guardian Media Group, Aviva, Holtzbrinck, CSC, Marks & Spencer in the UK and Standard Bank in South Africa. Our platform enables bespoke support to every startup with specialist services from a full-time operations team and market access, distribution opportunities and insight from our partners. To date we have invested in nearly 90 startups and created a further 30 from scratch, together they have raised £150m in external capital and completed over 150 pilots with our partners.
We run two programmes in each location:
Our studio creates new startups. We validate ideas, build founding teams, find first customers and invest directly in each startup.
Our accelerator invests in existing startups. We invest cash, six months of bespoke support from our team and facilitate commercial opportunities with our investors.
Now launching in Paris, we're here to fuel France’s startup boom and will be hiring a specialist operating team of at least 50 to design, build and scale over 140 disruptive tech startups in France over the next five years.
🙌 The Deal
We give you all the excitement and freedom of an early stage startup but with the stability and resource of a large organisation. Our Entrepreneur in Residence is ideally looking to build their next startup and we will build it together
- Get paid a competitive salary for 6 months to kick start your business
- Future equity stake in the business upon seed investment
- Access to support across areas such as investment, strategic partnerships, growth marketing, design and branding, engineering, and talent
- Free office space with the Factory
- Supporting our incubation projects from concept to MVP, testing hypotheses of market segments, business and experience models to identify and deliver competitive advantage
- Working with design and engineering teams to create new products across multiple platforms, putting them in the hands of real customers as quickly as possible
- Designing growth strategies to identify, segment and prioritise target markets, develop value propositions, inform pricing and positioning and define go-to-market
- Building measurement plans to define objectives, identify KPIs and report learnings. You’ll be in your element interpreting data to uncover insights and inform decisions
- Defining, validating, prioritising and delivering the critical features and functionality of the product
- Understanding how to leverage and integrate the proprietary technology of our partners into the solution by activating distribution partnerships and supercharging growth
👏You'll possess the following skills and competencies
- You are an accomplished founder and/or industry expert who has a wide range of experience and industry interests
- You have the passion and energy to take a rough idea from concept to product launch, and market traction
- A proven track record of taking ideas and bringing them to life
- 5+ years in Marketing, Product or Commercial roles within a high-growth startup
- Entrepreneurial, with an enthusiasm for early-stage technology businesses
- Excellent communication skills to effectively collaborate with CEOs and product teams
- Degree in Business, Marketing, Economics, Computer Science or a related discipline
👍Ideally you have
- A curious and creative mind, eager to understand what makes people tick, as well the ability to reconcile this understanding with commercial imperative
- A love of building products that users rave about and working across different projects with lots of competing priorities at rapid pace
- Think big, act small, move fast
- Value momentum over perfection
- Embrace uncertainty & remain decisive
- Suggest solutions not problems
- Prioritise diversity to strengthen our collective intelligence
- Be polite, generous and show empathy to others. Always