Co-founder (Project Damian)
Founders Factory Africa – Portfolio /
What is Project Damian?
Project Damian is a Founders Factory Africa venture that will deliver quality in-home, on-demand healthcare services through its network of trained, registered nurses. Nigerian patients deserve greater access to quality healthcare, and Project Damian aims to democratise healthcare delivery—helping patients receive the treatment they need when they need it.
We are looking for a driven individual to lead Damian, taking it from a concept to a viable, investable company. As a co-founder you will navigate market validation, product development, commercialisation, and team formation. upon completion of the Build Program, you will transition into a Founding CEO role and continue to direct the growth and development of Damian.
Project Damian is backed by the full might of Founders Factory Africa's internal teams. You will also benefit from a host of 'unfair advantages' in the market engineered by our Investment and Partnerships teams. This role offers the dual benefit of operational autonomy and relevant, tangible startup support. You receive:
- $50,000 to get the initial product into market
- A majority founding equity stake in the business
- Collaboration and support from FFA's team across product design and development, growth and marketing, strategic partnerships, talent, and investment.
- Up to $200,000 in follow-on investment post-program
- Oversee the successful build and market launch of Project Damian
- Set a clear vision for the business, including both commercial and product direction
- Hire a founding team that can help you execute on the vision
- Develop a plan for scale that includes market expansion, product evolution, and organizational growth.
- Create and execute a fundraising plan to fund commercial expansion
Required Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrated experience bringing products to market, either at a startup venture or in an agency capacity
- Demonstrated commercial success in building/growing a company or expanding a product’s reach and impact.
- Experience in building and managing a team and driving it towards successful outcomes
- A genuine passion for healthcare and building solutions that will help improve the wellbeing of millions of patients
- An intuitive commercial sense and a demonstrated ability to understand what consumers want and to reconcile this understanding with commercial imperatives
- Strong communication skills and the ability to rally others around a shared vision
- Sheer resilience and appreciation for failure
- Relentless focus on objectives and momentum
- Relentlessly resourceful and creative problem solving
- High risk tolerance and boundless ambition
- A collaborative approach and willingness to be wrong
Working on a Founders Factory Venture provides a rare opportunity for you to team up with world-class thinkers, entrepreneurs, and creators in building and launching a successful healthtech startup. This role offers the freedom and excitement of working in a nippy early-stage startup coupled with a large organisation's financial stability and resource access.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to lead a game-changing startup with global growth aspirations and to help shape the future of Africa's startup ecosystem.