Venture Designer (Incubator)
London, United Kingdom
Factory – Design
👋 Hey, We're Founders Factory
We're the world’s best partner for founders. Started by Brent Hoberman and Henry Lane Fox, Founders Factory has received investment from L’Oreal, easyJet, Guardian Media Group, Aviva, Holtzbrinck, CSC and M&S. We have also launched in Johannesburg with Standard Bank. Combined with our full-time team of 70 specialists we offer founders the best platform to launch or scale their startup.
Our incubator creates 13 new startups every year. We validate ideas, build founding teams, find first customers and invest directly in each startup. Our accelerator invests in 35 startups every year. We invest cash, six months of bespoke support from our team and provide commercial opportunities with our investors. We're also Europe's Hottest Startup Accelerator according to the Europas, read more here.
👟 Our Culture
Working with us is very different than other companies. It's not just a job – instead, a pursuit that we live and breathe every single day. We are resilient business builders, incredibly passionate and thrive in uncertainty. We want to obtain a deeper understanding of the conditions that lead to successful innovation. We hope to show there is a better way to build tech startups and take on the issues of why most startups fail. We are creating something meaningful and get paid to learn at an incredible pace.
🎓 Incubation Principles
- Momentum over perfection
- Every problem has a solution
- A sense of ownership is required to innovate
- Transparency is needed to avoid mistakes and capture key learnings
💪 Your Responsibilities
- Taking ownership of the end to end design process, bringing to life the customer experience and the business vision/mission
- Having a human focused approach to building technology businesses, balancing the customer needs and the business requirements.
- Communicating your ideas and progress
- Prioritise learnings. Ask the right questions and seek feedback when needed.
- Spotting opportunities by taking a keen interest in the business landscape and relevant technologies.
- Managing your time and and driving momentum within the business by subscribing to lean methodologies. Research and testing will be embedded into your process. You will use tools and methods that help move forward quicker, faster and with confidence
- Be solution-focused - make sense of a problem space by proposing and trying solutions. You can think creatively and are resourceful.
- Ensuring there is a clear vision and purpose and we are embodying and communicating the values.
- Sometimes you might need to treat requirements as assumptions and validate them.
- You have an ability to deliver value
🎯 Required skills, competencies and experience
- Demonstrated ability operating in an ambiguous environment
- At least three years of design experience in roles demonstrating leadership and ingenuity
- All the normal design tools
👌 We value
- Quick thinking and intuition, someone who can balance creativity with objective data
- A passion for creating products people love, caring about product performance is key
- The ability to operate in an ambiguous environment, adaptability is key
- Being comfortable with taking risks
- Wanting to continuously improve your skills and productivity, challenging yourself when you can
- Strong leadership that drives product
- Being approachable and optimistic
Salary = £40-50K dependent on experience
We provide all the excitement and freedom of an early stage startup but with the stability and resources of a large organisation. This is your rare chance to contribute across the full business spectrum to become a founder in the future:
Growth: Work with and meet exceptional talent. Learn faster than you ever have before. Access our large network of investors and customers.
Autonomy: Freedom to execute, build businesses, not just products.
Support: marketing, legal, finance, fundraising, growth, business development and recruitment.
Health and Wellness: Comprehensive extended health care coverage from Vitality.
Office Space: Desk space in fully-serviced office on High Street Ken with table tennis table, scooters and breakout spaces.
Office Meals: Catered lunches 2 days a week, unlimited breakfast, healthy snacks, freshly ground coffee and Paul’s Irish Bar.
We are committed to building a diverse culture and are eager to receive applications from all backgrounds. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination.
Please note: we have an overwhelming number of applications and will do our best to get back to you within 72 hours if you fit the bill.