Tech Lead (InsideOut)
London, United Kingdom
Accelerator – Engineering
InsideOut is changing the way mental healthcare is provided in the workplace. We provide on demand mental health tools, matching you to personalised content and experts.
This is an acute pain point that InsideOut’s founder Laura felt first hand while working as a management consultant. She knew that people, including herself, were in need of advice and support but due to the stigma around mental health did not know who to talk to or where to access help.
InsideOut was created so that everyone has access to personalised content and health experts in a trusted environment. We are not just a platform or an app, we are a workplace wellness movement that is changing the way we view mental health so that everyone can be a better version of themselves and thrive in life and in the workplace.
Mission: Everyone has mental health. We are here to help you look after yours.
Vision: A world where, the stigma around mental health has been overcome through honest conversation, with accessible tools.
We’re looking for a Tech Lead to own the build and strategy of our product.
- Getting involved in the early stages to help us shape the vision for our future products
- Providing technical leadership
- Oversight of all aspects of engineering including technical strategy and implementing best practices & technology stacks
- Taking charge of platform development, owning the engineering budget and making key decisions on technical architecture
- Delivering the alpha, enabling us to test, iterate and serve our early customers.
- Managing the end to end technology execution
- Flexible and adaptable thinking, ability to operate in a lean environment where we prototype and test ideas quickly (and sometimes throw them away)
- A track record of delivering well-engineered products that delight users
- Experience of React, NodeJS, PostgresSQL
- Knowledge of a range of current cross-platform product development frameworks.
- Be well-organised, able to manage time effectively, and comfortable working across multiple work streams concurrently
- Appetite for experimenting with new technologies and tools to drive innovation and creativity
- A high degree of user empathy and actively seek to test, learn and iterate based on user feedback
- Engaged in the product development process in prior roles
- EMPATHY: We’re only human, but great humans! We actively encourage, respect and support everyone at all times. We listen, we care and have empathy for others.
- EMPOWERING: We are committed to changing mental health perception forever. We know we can’t do that alone. We are one big team that are empowering everyone to speak out, supporting each other in creating a movement of being our better selves.
- BALANCE: We work hard, we play hard. Friends and family are important to us. We work hard to get the job done and enjoy time relaxing outside of work.
- BRAVE: We are not ashamed to seek help when needed. We encourage others to connect to themselves and speak out.
- HUMAN: We stay true to our mission, vision and values. We are open about our feelings and emotions. We are strong, not silent. We are not perfect and don’t pretend to be.
- RESPECTFUL: We are non-judgmental and support everyone on their journey of personal growth to enable them to bring their whole self to work.
- Remote working 1 day a week
- 0.5 day leave a month for self-care
- Work for a social impact business
- 2 annual team retreats per year
- Join us whilst we are taking part in one of London’s leading accelerators
- Free soft drinks and nibbles