Little Kids Rock - Senior Manager of Artist and Industry Relations
Little Kids Rock – Business
Who we are:
Little Kids Rock transforms lives by restoring, expanding, and innovating music education in our schools. Our network of thousands of K-12 teachers across 45 states leads a national movement that brings innovative and inclusive music education to students.
Using genres including rock, pop, Latin, and rap, our program empowers teachers to build music programs as diverse as the kids they serve. Our students see themselves reflected in their classes, which strengthens their connection to their school, their peers, and their community. Little Kids Rock also donates necessary instruments, and curriculum, meeting a key need of many school music programs.
The world of music expands through innovation. We ensure that music education does as well.
More than 500,000 kids currently participate in Little Kids Rock programs nationwide. Since 2002, the organization has reached more than 850,000 students with highly inclusive and culturally-relevant music education. We aim to reach the 1,000,000th student in our history this year.
Who we need:
The Senior Manager of Artist and Industry Relations will build and manage the organization’s Artist Relations strategy, with key tactics designed to reach goals determined by and in conjunction with the Director of Major Gifts and Partnerships and the Chief Development Officer. The Senior Manager is responsible for nurturing and stewarding all of Little Kids Rock’s artist relationships, and making asks for auction items, school visits, event participation, campaign partnership, social media promotion, curricular support, etc. This position reports within the Development department, but also supports the Marketing and Program departments.
We need someone that has:
- A shared passion for Little Kids Rock’s mission, pedagogy and the unique value of arts education to serve underserved youth
- Ability to think big, while providing tangible, constructive suggestions to improve the organization and support its growth objectives
- Inspirational, with a talent for leading by example, as well as motivating and empowering others to reach goals
- A desire to grow with the organization
- Passionate about popular music and actively connected to popular culture
- High energy, enthusiasm, and a can-do attitude
What you’ll do:
- Create and execute an organization-wide Artist Relations strategy that achieves key goals that are in line with the organization’s strategic plan
- Establish new and nurture existing relationships with artists, artist management, labels, brand partners, festivals and industry professionals across all genres
- Manage and create scalable, fun, and meaningful events and programs that solidify personal bonds within the artist community, including, but not limited to school visits, instrument deliveries, pop-up concerts, soundcheck meet-and-greets, donor cultivation events, etc.
- Solidify Little Kids Rock’s reputation as the best organization with which artists can partner, making us widely known in creative circles as the best place for artists to engage in local communities and have a direct impact on music education
- Collaborate with the Marketing Department to ensure deep engagement with artists across social channels and traditional media
- Be constantly on the lookout for new opportunities for Little Kids Rock to engage with the music industry, and work cross-departmentally to ensure seamless execution of artist-driven events and promotions
- Create and deliver compelling influencer fundraising campaigns that drive revenue growth and brand appealIdentify, create and execute revenue opportunities, including, but not limited to ticket add-ons, launch events, contests, raffles, etc.
- Book appropriate artists for Little Kids Rock’s largest annual fundraiser, Little Kids Rock Benefit in New York City, as well as Little Kids Rock’s largest teacher conference, Modern Band Summit in Fort Collins, CO
- Work closely with the Marketing and Development teams to develop artist-driven campaigns, ensuring deep and credible brand exposure for Little Kids Rock, corporate partners, and the artists.
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years working in a similar role within the music or nonprofit industries;
- Proven track record of successful long term client/account relationship management
- Experience in building strong relationships with major artists/artist management; proven success in building relationships with new artists resulting in financial support and/or awareness-raising
- Several strong, existing artist relationships that will come with you to this job
- The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, team player, big-picture thinker, and adept at execution and meeting deadlines
- Must have a strong understanding of the multi-faceted and ever-evolving music industry, including but not limited to artist licensing, label artist dynamics, touring, and the online music space
- Budget management experienceExcellent written and verbal communication skills in English, Spanish is beneficial
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office, tech-savvy online, donor databases; Salesforce is a plus
- Flexibility to attend evening and weekend development events on an as-needed basis
- Prior experience working on major, national, artist-driven campaigns, especially in the fields of arts and culture and/or youth development preferred
- Ability to travel is a must
What we offer:
Little Kids Rock is committed to its team and strives to offer employees a competitive compensation package that reflects the organization’s values, culture, and mission. Perks include unlimited vacation, flexible work arrangements, professional development, fun staff events, and reimbursements for music lessons and experiences.