Software Engineer, Build Infrastructure
Operations – DevOps
Foundry is in search of a Senior C++ Software Engineer specialising in Build Infrastructure (Build & Release) to join our company-wide Platform Team. This role will focus on the build infrastructure across the portfolio, both working directly on refining our cross-platform CMake/Conan infrastructure and helping to guide and mentor the rest of the company. As part of the latter, you will help define best practice and play a part in educating the company as a whole, helping contribute to tech workshops and reading clubs. The focus for this role is crafting core build system code, serving as a source of expertise and ultimately enabling our product teams to be able to look after their build, release, and test infrastructure.
Need some more information? Email email@example.com with any questions or queries!
- Work as part of our centralised platform team partnering with product teams to maintain, improve, develop, document and implement automated build, release, and test pipelines, prioritising self-service so that individual teams are knowledgeable and independent.
- Play an active part in aiding troubleshooting of build pipelines, collating and prioritising feedback to input back into the roadmap for the platform team and product teams.
- Educate, mentor, and develop a similar skill set within our product teams focussing on enabling them to self serve.
- As with all Software Engineer roles at Foundry, you will help to ensure the quality, scalability, and extensibility of the code that we’re writing - starting with your own but extending to code reviews and design of others as well.
- 3 - 5 years experience, preferably with a software development background
- Significant experience of build and release engineering in that experience
- Strong experience with cross-platform C++
- Strong experience of a build system (e.g. CMake, ninja, Make, QMake or SCons). CMake experience would be strongly preferred
- Good knowledge of at least one compiler (e.g. GCC, Clang, Visual Studio, Intel) and linker from a usage perspective
- Experience of Version Control Systems (e.g. Perforce, Git)
- Expertise with building and release desktop software on one desktop OS (Windows, Linux and macOS) with experience of at least one other OS
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience with build management, continuous integration, packaging and release mechanisms is preferred (e.g. Jenkins, Conan, AutoTools, etc.)
- Qt and Python experience beneficial.
PERKS & BENEFITS.
25 days holiday + bank holidays
Pension scheme & life assurance
Health cash plan & medical insurance,Season ticket loan
Company’s social events
Beer O’Clock Fridays
Learning & development plans
Foundry’s discount & saving scheme
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Foundry develops creative software for the digital design, media and entertainment industries. With a 20-year heritage and a portfolio of award-winning products, Foundry advances the art and technology of visual experience in partnership with creative leaders around the globe.
Clients and partners include major feature film studios and post-production houses such as Pixar, ILM, MPC, Walt Disney Animation, Weta Digital, DNEG, and Framestore as well as automotive, footwear, apparel and technology companies such as Mercedes, New Balance, Adidas and Google. Foundry partners with these companies to solve complex visualization challenges to turn incredible ideas into reality.
The company’s products are used to create breathtaking visual effects sequences on a wide range of feature films, video-on-demand, television and commercials. Foundry software was integral in the making of every VFX Oscar-winning film, award-winning TV shows and commercials for more than a decade.
Founded in 1996, Foundry is headquartered in London, with 300 staff and a presence in the US, China, Japan, Australia and Europe. In 2015, the London Stock Exchange named Foundry one of the “1000 Companies to Inspire Britain.” It regularly features in The Sunday Times’ Tech Track as one of Britain’s fastest-growing private technology companies.
For more information visit www.foundry.com.