Staff Product Manager, Data
United States (Remote) /
Product – Product /
Fountain is enterprise software that accelerates global high volume hiring. Our customers hire millions of hourly workers annually in 78 countries. Job seekers often struggle to get connected with companies seeking hourly workers due to inefficiencies in their hiring processes, and Fountain makes it easier for them to get offers for work quickly. Getting hired fast eases some of the financial instability millions of families face.
Fountain is a Remote-first company that embraces a work from anywhere policy and offers flexibility on location, so our employees feel free to enjoy the world. Fountain is widely trusted by leading organizations, including Chipotle, StitchFix, GoPuff and Just Eat Takeaway.
We just 4.5Xed in valuation in our Series C, which was led by Softbank and B Capital. We plan on keeping this hyper-growth going this year! Come join us on this rocket ship!
Are you excited about using data to drive breakthrough customer impact? Would you be proud to build tools that help hourly workers, who are traditionally an underserved workforce demographic, earn a living faster?
We’re on a mission to open up opportunities to the global workforce. With over 214 million people unemployed across the globe, our mission here at Fountain is more critical than ever.
We're looking for an experienced product manager who can build and deliver a roadmap for best-in-class data acquisition, quality, and unification. As a Sr/Staff PM you will work with Data Engineering, Insights, and Analytics to turn data into dynamic, game-changing insights that help employers hire hourly workers and help Fountain run its business.
Fountain’s Data Engineering team creates the infrastructure which organizes and transforms our data. The Insights team uses this data to produce actionable insights and customer-facing analytics dashboards, which help our customers become world experts at hourly hiring. Fountain leverages our data across the business to measure and improve hiring outcomes for customers and workers.
The ideal person is an innovative thinker who finds joy in figuring out the data needed to unlock possibilities for short-term and long-term success. You dream in data and use it as a vehicle for powerful storytelling. You build cross-functional bridges spanning the org and empower teams with more consistent and accessible data. You conjure end-user workflow solutions for external customers as easily as integrations for Fountain’s back office. You are a skilled communicator, knowing how to communicate complexity to a diverse set of internal stakeholders while building consensus with peers and teams.
You thrive in a remote-first environment, value clear, frequent communication, and feel great accountability to your team.
We pay a universal salary tied to San Francisco compensation bands regardless of where you live in the United States, because we believe excellence lives everywhere.
What you'll be doing:
- Build a long and short-term vision for our data products as well as our data infrastructure
- Work closely with Product, Engineering and Data teams to ensure the vision of making all features data-friendly advances in every release
- Create focus and clarity for the data roadmap, which delivers for many different stakeholders across the businessWork with our teams to deliver amazing features for our customers, while also improving the lives of our applicants
- Organize the team to ship the right package of product features and infrastructure improvements every 6 weeks
What you should bring:
- 5+ years experience as a Product Manager in a technical field
- Track record of thinking outside the box and shipping creative solutions to consumer problems
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as Product Management, Engineering, UX/UI, Sales, Customer Support, Finance or Marketing
- Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment and evolve product strategy based on research, data, and industry trends
- Plus: previous experience building data products, experience with databases, Data Engineering practices (including data testing & documentation), data warehouses
Amazing Perks & Benefits we provide for our employees include (but are not limited to):
Flexible PTO & Work Hours
"Work from Anywhere" Policy
Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
HSA & FSA (Medical and Dependent Care)
Life Insurance & STD/LTD
16 Weeks Paid Parental Leave for Birth/Adoption
Remote IT/Home Office Stipend
Learning and Development Reimbursements
Fun, interactive and inclusive team-building events, off-sites, and happy hours
Even if you do not meet all the requirements above, we still encourage you to apply for this position. While we try to be thorough with our prerequisites, not everything about you as a candidate can be condensed into a list of bullet points.
We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.
*Fountain is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer—M/F/D/V*