VP of Sales
San Francisco Bay Area
Fountain is the hiring automation software that powers the new service economy to source, screen, hire and onboard nearly 1 million applicants per month, while helping 150,000 people get hired each month. Since inception, teams across 50 countries use Fountain to save millions of work-hours and communicate with more than 10+ million applicants. Our mission is to open opportunities for the new global workforce. Fountain's customers include Uber Eats, Safeway, Lime and Shipt. What we build fundamentally affects the way people across the world work and our mission is to maximize efficiency and unlock economic opportunity in the labor market.
Founded in 2014, we are a young company backed by top investors, including Y Combinator, SoftTech VC, Crosslink, Origin Ventures, and many others. We have had over $11 million in funding, and with around 55 employees in our centrally located office in San Francisco, we are looking to double in size this year. We are looking for colleagues who are excited about making an impact in a fast-paced and growing company with an extremely open and collaborative culture!
We’re looking for a VP of Sales to lead our growing sales organization at Fountain. The ideal candidate is passionate about scaling a sales organization and support the Fountain vision. We’re looking for an inspiring leader who can create a performance-driven culture, build a repeatable sales process to deliver results, and coach all levels of sales professionals to develop in their careers.
In this role, you’ll start with a team of 5+ Account Executives and be expected to scale this to 12 within 12 months.
What you’ll be doing:
- Recruit, hire, and manage a growing team of experienced Account Executives and managers
- Build repeatable training processes that help AE’s learn sales skills, product and industry knowledge, and professional habits they need to succeed in the role
- Train and assist sales reps in closing complex transactions by teaching best practices in prospecting, managing and closing opportunities, and the skills needed to position Fountain as an industry leader
- Manage daily and weekly activities, pipelines, forecasts and closed deals to ensure above-quota results based on successful pipeline management
- Build, measure, and optimize a repeatable sales process to successfully achieve the targeted sales objectives.
- Create a team culture that’s positive, motivating, and performance-driven.
What you should bring:
- You have deep knowledge of a complex sales process preferably with 6+ years of sales management experience in a B2B environment
- You have deep knowledge of selling to SMB to Mid-Market buyers of ACVs of under $50K and average sales cycles under 45 days
- You’ve closed business so you can train AEs on how to be successful in their roles
- You have great people skills. You’ve shown the ability to recruit, hire, and manage talented people
- You’re able to build scalable processes, and you have the analytical skills to optimize them over time
- You’re a proven coach: you’ve helped your people unlock their full potential
- You have built out a team in a company at a series A-C stage company
- You are data oriented and able to know offhand what the current sales cycle is and are able to own your numbers
- You have a plan and philosophy on how to drive revenue. Not only predicting the outcome, but knowing the drivers
- You have ideally sold into a similar target audience in the SMB/brick and mortar space(ie Square, Toast, When I Work, Deputy, Etc.)
Benefits & Perks:
Unlimited PTO & Flexible work hours
Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
Learning and development stipend
Fully-stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks
Team-building events, off-sites, and happy hours
Light-filled workspaces that encourage collaboration and innovation
Office located in SF steps away from BART and public transportation
*Fountain is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer—M/F/D/V*