San Francisco Bay Area
Fountain is a hiring automation platform that helps companies hire better hourly workers faster — think delivery companies, retail, call centers, and service marketplaces. Fountain is committed to helping businesses grow and people find jobs. We are revolutionizing the way companies have traditionally hired using automated tools and machine learning.
What we build fundamentally affects the way people across the world work. Our mission is to maximize efficiency and unlock economic opportunity in the labor market.
We are a young company backed by top investors, including Y Combinator, SoftTech VC, Crosslink, Origin Ventures, and many others.
- 2+ years of industry experience working with Ruby on Rails
- Good knowledge of object-oriented patterns in Ruby — we think it is crucial to apply proper object-oriented principles to grow the application
- Solid understanding of Agile development practices and Lean Software Development principles. You should be very efficient at understanding different use cases, prioritizing tasks, working with Git and implementing the GitHub flow. We ship new releases every day
- Not afraid of taking risks, and vested in making our business a success, together
Nice to Have
- Open source contributions (please send a link to your GitHub profile)
- You are proficient enough to optimize relational databases (PostgreSQL 9.4+), using noSQL databases (we use Redis and ElasticSearch), and scale the application (we use Heroku). Good ElasticSearch knowledge and experiece with maintaining performant PostgreSQL databases is a huge plus
Benefits & Perks:
Unlimited PTO & Flexible work hours
Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
Learning and development stipend
Fully-stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks
Team-building events, off-sites, and happy hours
Light-filled workspaces that encourage collaboration and innovation
Office located in SF steps away from BART and public transportation
*Fountain is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer—M/F/D/V*