San Francisco Bay Area
Fountain is a hiring automation platform that helps companies hire better hourly workers faster — think delivery companies, retail, call centers, and service marketplaces. Fountain is committed to helping businesses grow and people find jobs. We are revolutionizing the way companies have traditionally hired using automated tools and machine learning.
What we build fundamentally affects the way people across the world work. Our mission is to maximize efficiency and unlock economic opportunity in the labor market.
We are a young company backed by top investors, including Y Combinator, SoftTech VC, Crosslink, Origin Ventures, and many others.
In this role you will be involved in all aspects of the product development process, from brainstorming the next great product innovation to tweaking pixels right before launch. You will utilize your full range of skills from research, ideation, interaction design, and visual design. As one of our Product Designers you'll be working on candidate and customer-facing interfaces on mobile, web, and beyond. There is an emphasis on visual design for this role, but having UX and interaction design experience is also preferred.
As a Product Designer, you'll be responsible for UI/UX design but also play a key role in ideation, road-mapping, analysis, feature design, and the quality of our products. The team you’ll work with is small, nimble and has a direct impact across the whole product platform.
About the Role:
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into great user experiences
- Creating design flows and experiences that are simple and elegant
- Partner with product managers, engineers, and marketing to oversee the user experience of a product from concept to launch
- Constantly push yourself and the team to raise the design bar through a culture of feedback and open communication
- Articulate design decisions in individual and group critiques
- Design and update the Fountain design system
- 2+ years experience that includes visual, UX, and/or interaction design
- You're a generalist. Product is your first priority, but you enjoy dabbling in other parts of design too
- You have a background in research and understand common patterns within enterprise products
- Ability to create simple and elegant interfaces with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly collaborative with an ability to work cross-functionally to build the very best product/user experiences
- Excellent proficiency with Sketch
- You thrive in an environment of fast feedback loops and a mindset of rapid prototyping and iterations
- You understand the technical limitations behind your designs and can effectively communicate your designs to engineers
- You have experience in building and shipping web and/or mobile product
Benefits & Perks:
Unlimited PTO & Flexible work hours
Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
Learning and development stipend
Fully-stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks
Team-building events, off-sites, and happy hours
Light-filled workspaces that encourage collaboration and innovation
Office located in SF steps away from BART and public transportation
*Fountain is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer—M/F/D/V*