Senior Manager of Business Development
Since our inception in 2009, Foursquare has been a leading force in changing how location information enriches our real-world and digital lives. As a location intelligence company, Foursquare is comprised of two well-known consumer apps, Foursquare and Swarm, as well as thriving media and enterprise products. Our B2B offerings include Places (for developers), Pinpoint and Attribution (for marketers), and Place Insights (for analysts, based on the world's largest foot traffic panel). With more than 200 people across our offices in New York, San Francisco, and in sales offices around the globe, we’re dedicated to our trailblazing mission—enriching consumer experiences and informing business decisions with location intelligence.
About the Position:
Foursquare is seeking a Sr. Manager of the Business Development team in Asia. to help expand our existing relationships and build new relationships with Asia’s largest tech brands, consumer products companies, and marketing companies. You will be asked to negotiate and close data and technology-related strategic partnerships; cultivate close relationships and become a key member of the Foursquare team. The Business Development team is a close and agile team that has secured many large data licensing contracts with renowned tech brands and companies.
You will leverage your expertise in location services and the mobile industry to understand Foursquare’s data & solutions and assist Asian clients to scale globally with elegant solutions customized to their needs. In order to be successful you will build and manage multiple relationships simultaneously while working closely with key internal teams and stakeholders in order to generate more revenue.The ideal candidate has experience building and managing a large pipeline of Asia-based tech partners and structuring deals that help grow both our partners’ business and our own. Candidates must have experience in closing large-scale (7 figure USD) tech deals in Asia with complex terms and long cycle times.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with senior executives
- Establish partnerships that drive significant contributions to Foursquare's revenue and customer growth
- Drive the partnership and deal process from initial prospecting, pipeline development, use-case discussions, technical review, proposal creation, contract drafting, negotiation, and implementation & post-sales satisfaction
- Working with Head of Asia to evaluate new initiatives, opportunities and deals for strategic alignment
- Develop strong relationships across the Foursquare organization, including the business, legal, product, marketing and engineering organizations
- Represent Foursquare as a spokesperson and evangelist at industry events in Asia
- 2+ years successful track record working in, or with mobile application developers
- Relevant business development and/or large-scale deal-making experience
- Familiarity with mobile apps, O2O services &/or mobile location marketing
- Direct experience with data and API-based integrations
- Excellent English writing, speaking & presentation skills.
- Some Asian language skills a definite plus
- Relentless perseverance through deal cycles & ongoing relationship building
- Strong network of relevant app/enterprise contacts in Asia-Pacific
- Creativity to brainstorm & discuss new uses & use-cases for data in any industry vertical
In order to be considered for this role, you must complete the “Additional Questions” section of the application.