Director of Business Development, Platform Partnerships
Since our inception in 2009, Foursquare has been a leading force in changing how location information enriches our real-world and digital lives. As a location intelligence company, Foursquare is comprised of two well-known consumer apps, Foursquare and Swarm, as well as thriving media and enterprise products. Our B2B offerings include Places (for developers), Pinpoint and Attribution (for marketers), and Place Insights (for analysts, based on the world's largest foot traffic panel). With more than 200 people across our offices in New York, San Francisco, and in sales offices around the globe, we’re dedicated to our trailblazing mission—enriching consumer experiences and informing business decisions with location intelligence.
About This Position:
Foursquare is seeking an experienced and flexible Director of Business Development to handle Technical Accounts and Strategic Partnership needs in our ever-expanding Tier 1 Partnerships portfolio, including Uber, Apple, Microsoft, Twitter, and many others. You are equally adept at solving account challenges and mustering internal resources as you are managing renewals and growing accounts. You will understand your partners’ businesses as well as they do and identify the areas for expansion and mutual benefit. This Senior is a relationship builder with deep technical understanding, who can work with C-suite leaders, engineer teams, as well as Product Managers building solutions.
You are a highly motivated, proactive self-starter who can operate in a fast moving environment. This role will primarily focus on the needs of our Tier 1 partners, sitting alongside our Business Development and Technical Services teams to deliver solutions that exceed client expectations. You will be the primary point of contact and responsible for client satisfaction and renewal. You will also work to define a scalable service model for our expanding Tier 2 and 3 partnerships.
Today, Foursquare’s location intelligence is embedded in an ever expanding range of digital consumer experiences across a wide range of businesses big and small. Our platform powers leading applications in social media, communication, dating, ride hail, transit, navigation and media. It is also exploited by decision makers in finance, retail and CPG who seek an edge over the competition. Our partners use our Places database, location technologies, and “Build” solutions to solve large-scale business problems and engage users.
The role is located in San Francisco and reports to the Head of Platform Partnerships.
- Build, manage and scale the Technical Account Management and Partnership practices for Tier 1 accounts
- Effectively team with BD, Tech Services, Legal and Finance to resolve emerging issues before they become problems
- Clearly and precisely communicate up and across the organization
- Build valuable relationships across the entire range of your clients’ organization from the C-suite to the Product Manager
- Develop a strong understanding of Foursquare’s various solutions and data sets in order to deliver the right solution to partners
- Understand the full scope of Foursquare’s mission and be able to reflect those ambitions into deal terms
- Develop strong relationships across the Foursquare organization, including the business, legal, product, marketing and engineering organizations
- 5+ years relevant work experience and BA/BS Degree
- Successful track record of Tier 1 account renewals and account growth in a relevant SaaS or licensing industry
- Deep familiarity with Foursquare’s consumer Internet and mobile products
- Deep technical experience with data and API-based partnerships and integrations
- Outstanding communication skills in all forms: written, presentations, negotiations
- Relentless optimism through long and potentially complex client relationships
- Experience showing consistent results
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.