Data Product Manager
Since our inception in 2009, Foursquare has been a leading force in changing how location information enriches our real-world and digital lives. As a location intelligence company, Foursquare is comprised of two well-known consumer apps, Foursquare and Swarm, as well as thriving media and enterprise products. Our B2B offerings include Places (for developers), Pinpoint and Attribution (for marketers), and Foursquare Analytics (for analysts, based on the world's largest foot traffic panel). With more than 200 people across our offices in New York, San Francisco, and in sales offices around the globe, we’re dedicated to our trailblazing mission—enriching consumer experiences and informing business decisions with location intelligence.
About this role:
Foursquare is looking for a Data Product Manager to help lead the scaling of our Enterprise products, with a focus on our Places Database. In this role, you will partner closely with the Places engineering team to develop strategies and roadmaps to improve the quality and coverage of our place data. A successful candidate should be able to grow relationships with key clients such as Uber, Apple and Snapchat - as well as improve the overall experience of Foursquare’s consumer apps.
This is a unique opportunity to help scale innovative products in the location intelligence space and work with world-class technology partners.
- Partner with the Places engineering team to set priorities and develop roadmaps
- Track and analyze key data quality and coverage metrics
- Perform competitor analysis to benchmark improvements to our place data
- Investigate opportunities to accelerate and scale the creation of training datasets
- Work with the business development team to identify data partnership opportunities and manage partner relationships
- Support the sales and account management teams with data and analysis
- Experience: at least three years in a data-intensive role, preferably in a product management capacity but could be engineering, data science or analytics
- Strong technical proficiency: you should understand the basics of machine learning, and have proficiency in constructing SQL queries
- Organizational skills: you enjoy managing multiple work streams in parallel to achieve targeted release dates
- Growth mindset: you have a passion for learning and mastering new subject material
- Communication skills: you intuitively understand how to drive alignment between different stakeholders with different motivations
- Bonus: familiarity with location datasets
- B.A./B.S. in a quantitative field of study
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.