User Experience & Design – User Experience and Design /
Salary/Employee: Full Time
Fourth is no ordinary product software company. We pride ourselves on unique cloud-based SaaS used by several million users which enables hotels, restaurants, bars, and pubs to improve efficiency and save money whether they're buying stock, scheduling staff, or creating recipes.
What We Do
We design and build everything from phone-based apps for booking shifts and holidays, communications between employees and checking pay, to software for stock-taking, ordering supplies and planning menus to wall-mounted check-in stations for staff to clock in and out of work. All cloud-based, and all developed specifically for restaurants, hotels and caterers.
Who Our Users Are
The hospitality business has passionate people and disinterested people, working in both complex and simple roles. People who care about the big picture, and others who just want their own hours and pay sorted as simply as possible.
The common strand is that our users are often under pressure; monetary, and especially time pressure. Many hospitality industry workers do not speak English as their first language, and they care about doing a good job more than you might expect considering their pay and conditions. However, the tasks they use our software for are never their favorite part of the job.
It is these people we must know and design for. We have to understand their preferences and expectations as well as the context in which they will perform the tasks expected of them.
How We Work
Each of the designers has a workload for which they are responsible, but the team collaborates on everything we do. Briefs are agreed with product owners (sometimes we write them, sometimes they do), and the workload and deadlines are agreed between product management and the Head of UX.
What You Will Be Doing Most of the Time:
· Taking research and concepts from the UX team and developing wireframes, prototypes and visual design outputs across multiple types of projects
· Testing prototypes and feeding back to UX team and other stakeholders on any improvements
· Creating the visual design according to company set criteria
· Collaborating & communicating with Scrum teams, Product Owners, Architects and others
· Participating in establishing a Design QA process that is efficient and effective with the goal of improving development quality
· Champion the users’ needs, solving issues and desired behaviors with the development teams
· Being a proactive member of the UX function at Fourth
What Is Required from You:
· Knowledge in processes and ways of work
· Experience of working with agile development teams
· Experience in wireframing and prototyping
· Upper-intermediate English level
· Understanding of software architecture and software delivery
Benefits and Culture:
· 25+ days off, as well as birthday day off and 4 charity days off per year
· Flexible start and end of the working day and hybrid working mode, including a combination remote and in the office
· Personal career development plan, learning paths and mentorship
· Team-centric atmosphere
· Competitive salary package
· Encouraging healthy lifestyle and work-life balance including supplemental health insurance
· New parents bonus scheme
If you fit the role, get in touch - please send your CV and portfolio showing your work.
*Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.