People Ops Manager (HRBP)
Washington, DC /
People – People /
Hey there, welcome to Foxtrot.
We’re the digitally-native evolution of the corner store—the one-stop-shop for those seeking thoughtful food experiences that are a reflection of themselves and their city. We offer a handpicked curation of daily essentials in-store and delivered in as little as 30 minutes, via our app and website.
Alongside our investors like Almanac Insights, Momofuku founder David Chang, Sweetgreen co-founder/co-chief executive officer Nicolas Jammet, and most recently D1 Capital Partners, we’re building an omni-channel brand that seamlessly marries e-commerce delivery, proprietary inventory technology, and the feel-good community of neighborhood stores.
Our storefronts offer the most-loved aspects of the neighborhood: beautifully designed interiors that wrap you in the welcoming aroma of locally-sourced coffee, comfortable lounge areas to work and relax in, and chef-prepared meals to snack on throughout the day. And all in a space that joins mindful people, brands, and goods to create a community of discovery and joy. And our swift app and online store further highlight the Foxtrot experience, delivering a new kind of convenience that brings the store straight to your door.
Since launching in 2013, we now operate in Chicago, DC, Dallas, and Austin, rapidly scaling nationwide.
About the Role
Come join our talented People team, we are dedicated to helping teams and partners focus on what matters most: Our People! The People Ops Manager is a role for someone who craves a challenge balanced by the desire to be accountable for delivering against various targets and goals across their store teams, and broader business. We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, and ambitious individual who will provide expertise, support, coaching and consultation to leaders across the business in areas of talent planning & effectiveness, engagement, diversity, equity & inclusion, performance management, development & training, and employee relations, in order to drive meaningful impact to our business & people, while working under the guidance of the Director, People Operations (HR).
- You take pride in building, developing and growing highly-productive, diverse, and engaged teams.
- You’re consistently voted MVP - most valuable partner - in coaching, guiding, counseling leaders across a dynamic, fast-paced organization.
- You can demonstrate your experience and ability to balance business partnering skills with employee advocacy. You’re an authentic, inspiring, and hands-on leader.
- You’re ready for new experiences, knowledge and candid feedback and demonstrate an openness to learning and change.
- You’ve got 3+ years of progressive HR experience, at brand-led, high-growth organizations, preferably at least 1 year in an HR Business Partner role supporting retail or hospitality populations
- You really like data and analytics, in addition to people.
- You have success in leading change efforts across a vast and ever changing organization
- You have core knowledge of HR fundamentals
- You’re a strong written and verbal communicator, and have a proven ability to modify your communication style and approach based on your audience
- You have strong business acumen and the ability to understand all business metrics with an emphasis on people in order to seek further opportunities for HR to impact and add value to the business
- You approach HR with a strategic mindset, and you aim to influence and align on various strategies around talent capabilities and behaviors
- You are based in DC Metro area and excited to work alongside our in-person retail teams, but also willing to do some light travel to our markets located outside of DMV, if needed
About the Role:
- Talent Planning & Effectiveness – Assess business structures on a regular basis, in partnership with managers and leaders, to ensure the right roles are in place, and that work and responsibilities are allocated appropriately to achieve targeted business outcomes.
- Engagement - Identify, measure and monitor employee engagement, and regularly initiate proactive solutions for enhancing our team members’ experience at Foxtrot, throughout the employee lifecycle.
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion - Drive diversity, equity and inclusion across the organization, both personally (as a role model) and programmatically.
- Performance Management - Build performance-based relationships with managers and leaders, ensuring outstanding performance is recognized and rewarded, and alternatively, performance gaps are identified and addressed through training & development.
- Employee Relations - Be a trusted leader to all Foxtrot team members, providing experience advice and counsel on organizational and HR issues.
- Change Management - Serve as key change agent on new initiatives, programs, and processes to positively impact the organizational culture.
- Analytics – Use data and analytics to help make key business and talent decisions
- Recruiting – Engage with hiring managers on staffing plans by becoming more predictable with resource needs in partnership with our Recruiting team
And we couldn’t round this out without mentioning some of the perks of working here, right? Beyond all the coffee you can drink, you’ll also enjoy our comprehensive (and growing) benefits program, 401(k) with an employer match, discounts while shopping, and more!
*certain program & eligibility rules do apply*
Foxtrot is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify
Foxtrot provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
Foxtrot participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.