Chicago, IL /
Merchandising – Merchandising /
Hey there, welcome to Foxtrot.
We’re the digitally-native evolution of the corner store—the one-stop-shop for those seeking thoughtful food experiences that are a reflection of themselves and their city. We offer a handpicked curation of daily essentials in-store and delivered in as little as 30 minutes, via our app and website.
Alongside our investors like Almanac Insights, Momofuku founder David Chang, Sweetgreen co-founder/co-chief executive officer Nicolas Jammet, and most recently D1 Capital Partners, we’re building an omni-channel brand that seamlessly marries e-commerce delivery, proprietary inventory technology, and the feel-good community of neighborhood stores.
Our storefronts offer the most-loved aspects of the neighborhood: beautifully designed interiors that wrap you in the welcoming aroma of locally-sourced coffee, comfortable lounge areas to work and relax in, and chef-prepared meals to snack on throughout the day. And all in a space that joins mindful people, brands, and goods to create a community of discovery and joy. And our swift app and online store further highlight the Foxtrot experience, delivering a new kind of convenience that brings the store straight to your door.
Since launching in 2013, we now operate in Chicago, DC, Dallas, and Austin, rapidly scaling nationwide.
About the Role:
Foxtrot is seeking an ambitious, organized, and detail-oriented individual to start a career in merchandising. The Merchandising Assistant will provide support in all aspects of the business. This includes onboarding new vendors, setting up new stores, new item setup, item data maintenance, and analyzing and reporting on financials.
- Provides administrative and operational support for the merchandising team across all categories (Grocery, Alcohol, Gifting)
- Performs general administrative tasks, including, but not limited to, vendor onboarding, product data entry, auditing product information on e-commerce platforms, creating price labels, organizing and creating systems for sample management, and document preparation for new store openings and new vendors.
- Lead contributor in managing communications with our stores to answer Merchandising questions and resolve issues.
- Responds to questions from new and existing vendors, stores, customers, and other cross-functional teams regarding error corrections, item details, and other related questions.
- Provides department support on various projects and related tasks, including creating and conducting comparison shops, reviewing and setting planograms, and monitoring the ecommerce sites for product details.
- Work with the inventory planning team to generate weekly and monthly sales and inventory reports.
- Maintains processes on items, category resets, vendor information, and samples
- Trains new Merchandising Assistants on job functions as needed
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required; business, supply chain, marketing, or finance-related study preferred
- 1-2 years of experience in Merchandising or a similar role preferred. We will consider recent college grads with relevant work experience
- Self-starter that will efficiently work through admin/basic analytical tasks while offering suggestions and solutions to streamline our day-to-day functions further. Develop an ability to anticipate issues and provide solutions without direction.
- A communicative team player who's able to collaborate with colleagues across the organization
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- A master multitasker—you can wear many hats thanks to your exceptional time management and organization skills.
- A solid understanding of retail math (cost, gross margins, turnover, etc.).
- Proficient in Google platforms and Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Willingness to learn problem-solving with data
- We need to trust the assistant will execute their daily and ad hoc assigned tasks without oversight
And we couldn’t round this out without mentioning some of the perks of working here, right? Beyond all the coffee you can drink, you’ll also enjoy our comprehensive (and growing) benefits program, 401(k) with an employer match, discounts while shopping, and more!
*certain program & eligibility rules do apply*
Foxtrot is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify
Foxtrot provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
Foxtrot participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.