New York City
At Frame.io, we’re powering the future of creative collaboration. Over 400,000 video professionals use Frame.io to seamlessly share media and gather timestamped feedback from team members and clients. Simply put, we help companies create better video, together.
Frame.io is backed by Accel, SignalFire, Jared Leto and a host of other phenomenal investors. We've built a highly functional and market-leading product used and loved by companies such as Turner, Facebook, Disney, Spotify, NASA, Snapchat, BBC, BuzzFeed, TED, Adobe, Udemy, and many more.
We’re still in the early days of transforming the way world collaborates on video, and we are on the hunt for talented individuals to help us achieve our vision.
About the position
As a Product Designer at Frame.io, you'll be expected to tackle our most difficult user experience problems. We’ll look to you to be a thought leader on your team, elevating your fellow designers' work with thoughtful critique, both online and in-person, and in groups and one-on-one. You will be expected to think holistically and encourage your teams and fellow designers to think beyond what they're building.
On the design side, you will need a good sense for when to apply established patterns and styles, as well as when to evolve them or leave them behind entirely (while updating our brand guide and documentation accordingly). You'll identify and help correct product inconsistencies, on both the visual and experience sides.
- 3+ years of design experience (previous mobile work is a huge plus)
- Able to provide samples of work that show complex and creative UX solutions, exceptional visual design and solid information architecture
- Love giving and receiving honest, thoughtful feedback
- Believe that product and design decisions are inextricably linked
- Enjoy shipping small, quick experiments to validate your ideas and opinions
- Unafraid to have your opinion changed (strong beliefs, loosely held)
- Communicate design effectively, regardless of the audience (engineers, Product Managers, executives, other designers, etc.)
- Comfortable, and even excited about, working outside your comfort zone. Unafraid to learn new things to tackle a problem
- Has an established, repeatable and shareable design process that encourages collaboration between other designers and product teams
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Daily catered lunch & fully stocked kitchen with cold brew on tap and Whiskey Library
- Unlimited PTO
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Discounted gym membership
- Free Citi-Bike membership
- Influence in a small, fast-paced team