Director of Engineering
New York City
Frame.io is a media collaboration platform backed by Accel, SignalFire, Jared Leto, Kevin Spacey, and a host of other phenomenal investors. We've built a highly functional and market leading product used by companies such as Apple, Facebook, Disney, Uber, Spotify, NASA, Snapchat, BBC, BuzzFeed, Tesla, TED, Adobe, Udemy, and many more!
Build New York City's preeminent engineering team. We are looking for a highly technical engineering leader who understands how to take a startup’s technology to the next level. The ideal candidate will start off splitting time between coding contributions and management, and will transition more towards management as the team grows. You will make strategic infrastructure decisions, advise on best practices, and translate business goals into clear and focused engineering priorities. You are a leader. You are comfortable with being out there and talking to people—both in front of your team and in the local tech community.
A key component of the role will be mentoring other engineers. At Frame.io we aim to hire highly independent team members who learn quickly and are capable of teaching themselves. You will be responsible for assessing engineers’ progress, critically reviewing their code, and directing them toward the resources they need to improve. As a contributor, you will delegate tasks to maximize efficiency, but you aren’t afraid to build something yourself when necessary.
- Attract and retain strong engineering talent
- Assess current infrastructure, articulate a plan to optimize and scale
- Recommend strategies to reduce vendor costs (e.g. AWS)
- Build out necessary support functions, including recruiting team, and engineering leaders.
- Translate product roadmap into engineering goals, define requirements, and establish metrics to quantify success
- Proactively explain to other company leaders how engineering tools can help them do their jobs more efficiently (analytics, marketing, content strategy, customer support)
- Competitive salary and Equity
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Seamless lunches everyday
- Stocked kitchen
- Flexible vacation policy
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Influence in a small, fast-paced team
- Unlimited access to our Whiskey Library