New York City
Frame.io is a media collaboration platform backed by Accel, SignalFire, Jared Leto, Kevin Spacey, and a host of other phenomenal investors. We've built a highly functional and market leading product used by companies such as Apple, Facebook, Disney, Uber, Spotify, NASA, Snapchat, BBC, BuzzFeed, Tesla, TED, Adobe, Udemy, and many more!
We are looking for an engineer who is passionate about TDD and can turn ideas into extremely reliable, beautifully simple software. You’re an engineer who can turn ideas into beautifully written code that other people – or you, six months into the future – will find easy to comprehend and modify.
You have mastered more than one technology stack in your life, and you are comfortable with the idea of mastering several more. You're competent at high levels and low levels. Technology is a means and not the ends for you, and you don't flinch at the idea of migrating legacy Ruby systems to Elixir while focusing on zero downtime.
At Frame.io we aim to hire highly independent team members who learn quickly and are capable of teaching themselves. You will be responsible for doing regular code reviews, researching and implementing best practices, and recommending resources junior engineers can use to improve.
- 5+ years of solid experience in designing and developing large scale Web applications using Elixir, Ruby, Node or Python
- 3+ years of TDD/BDD experience
- 3+ years of experience in MySQL or PostgreSQL outside of an ORM
- Familiarity with 12-factor design and common API design best practices
- Deep experience in overall system design and implementation — how they scale, how they should fit together, and how they’re likely to break.
- Experience migrating legacy systems with little to no downtime
- Ability to analyze & solve difficult problems across the back-end
- Experience managing and/or contributing to open-source projects
- Competitive salary and equity
- Choose your development setup
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Seamless lunches and fully stocked kitchen
- Flexible vacation policy
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Influence in a small, fast-paced team
- Unlimited access to our Whiskey Library