New York City
At Frame.io, we’re powering the future of creative collaboration. Over 400,000 video professionals use Frame.io to seamlessly share media and gather timestamped feedback from team members and clients. Simply put, we help companies create better video, together.
Frame.io is backed by Accel, SignalFire, Jared Leto and a host of other phenomenal investors. We've built a highly functional and market-leading product used and loved by companies such as Turner, Facebook, Disney, Spotify, NASA, Snapchat, BBC, BuzzFeed, TED, Adobe, Udemy, and many more.
We’re still in the early days of transforming the way world collaborates on video, and we are on the hunt for talented individuals to help us achieve our vision.
Frame.io aims to be the thread that runs through the entire video editing, review, and presentation process. To do that we need to be on a range of platforms and integrate seamlessly with leading industry tools. Our backend is built with Ruby and DynamoDB with portions being moved to Elixir, Postgres and Redshift. Front-end is all React.
We are looking for an engineer who is passionate about TDD and can turn ideas into extremely reliable, beautifully simple software. You’re an engineer who can turn ideas into beautifully written code that other people – or you, six months into the future – will find easy to comprehend and modify.
You have mastered more than one technology stack in your life, and you are comfortable with the idea of mastering several more. You're competent at high levels and low levels. Technology is a means and not the ends for you, and your excited about the idea of building new features and services in Elixir.
At Frame.io we aim to hire highly independent team members who learn quickly and are capable of teaching themselves. You will be responsible for doing regular code reviews, researching and implementing best practices, and recommending resources junior engineers can use to improve.
- 5+ years of solid experience in designing and developing large scale Web applications using Elixir, Ruby, Node or Python
- 3+ years of TDD/BDD experience
- 3+ years of experience in MySQL or PostgreSQL outside of an ORM
- Familiarity with 12-factor design and common API design best practices
- Deep experience in overall system design and implementation — how they scale, how they should fit together, and how they’re likely to break.
- Experience migrating legacy systems with little to no downtime
- Ability to analyze & solve difficult problems across the back-end
- Experience managing and/or contributing to open-source projects
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Daily catered lunch & fully stocked kitchen with cold brew on tap and Whiskey Library
- Unlimited PTO
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Discounted gym membership
- Free Citi-Bike membership
- Influence in a small, fast-paced team