Burlingame, CA or Remote /
At Framework, our mission is to fix consumer electronics. We believe products can be better both for users and the environment. Unlike most electronics products on the market today, ours are designed to be repairable and upgradeable to enable long usage lifetimes and deep personalization.
To support our product ecosystems, we are also launching a marketplace allowing users to buy and sell new and used devices and parts.
We come from successful consumer electronics startups including the founding team of Oculus and e-commerce companies, and we’re funded to fulfill our mission. We care deeply about building a diverse and inclusive team, and we hope you do too!
We’re looking for a Finance Manager to be the first member of Framework’s finance, planning, and biz ops team. This role spans general finance and FP&A functions, as well as leading overall economic strategy around a complex consumer hardware product and marketplace business. We need a creative problem solver who has both deep existing knowledge of hardware businesses and an interest in adapting that to the novel business model we have adopted in Framework. Since we’re an early stage start-up, this role can cover a broad range of functional areas in finance and business operations depending on your strengths and interests.
We’re headquartered in Burlingame, CA, and are open to local, relocated, or remote candidates.
- Overall management of FP&A and general finance functions for Framework
- Managing and directing external accounting partners on monthly close and tax processes
- Leading financial forecasting, strategy, and scenario planning for hardware and e-commerce
- Creating and driving processes for quarterly and annual forecasting and budgeting, driving issue and discrepancy resolution
- Standing up an approvals process that allows us to move fast while having the right controls in place
- Collaborating with engineering and operations teams on hardware development and cost optimization
- Working with the marketplace and marketing teams on pricing and go to market
- Helping build and grow the finance team and related functions over time
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in finance related to hardware, e-commerce, and/or consumer goods
- Familiarity with inventory-related finance
- Deep understanding of financial modeling and planning around hardware unit economics (COGS) and program economics (CapEx and OpEx)
- Experience and interest in working in highly cross-functional teams
- Previous experience in an early-stage startup or in consumer electronics
- Experience with marketplace economics and growth planning
- Understanding of tax, accounting, compliance for e-commerce and international business
- Familiarity with NetSuite or similar ERP systems
- Experience with data visualization tools like Tableau
What we offer
- Competitive salary, equity, and health benefits
- Flexible work hours and locations
- The chance to be an early member of Framework's team and to shape our business strategy
- The opportunity to work at a startup that is fixing a major industry