Burlingame, CA or Remote /
At Framework, our mission is to fix consumer electronics. We believe products can be better both for users and the environment. Unlike most electronics products on the market today, ours are designed to be repairable and upgradeable to enable long usage lifetimes and deep personalization.
To support our product ecosystems, we are also launching a marketplace allowing users to buy and sell new and used devices and parts.
We come from successful consumer electronics startups including the founding team of Oculus and e-commerce companies, and we’re funded to fulfill our mission. We care deeply about building a diverse and inclusive team, and we hope you do too!
We are looking for a Logistics Manager to bootstrap, build out, and grow the logistics infrastructure for our products, working closely with our supply chain and engineering teams. As the first Logistics lead on the team, you'll have an enormous level of influence on our operations, trade, and fulfillment strategy going forward, as well as the responsibility to grow the team over time. Our strategy around modular products and infrastructure leads to some extremely interesting opportunities across supply chain, inventory management, fulfillment, and refurbishment, so we’re really excited to find someone passionate about building novel logistics solutions.
We’re headquartered in Burlingame, CA, and are open to local, relocated, or remote candidates.
- Build out the overall logistics and fulfillment strategy on our first products worldwide.
- Stand up new software and processes as needed to fulfill the strategy.
- Develop and run RFIs and RFQs for freight, third party logistics (3PL), warehousing, distribution, refurbishment, and other logistics partnerships.
- Manage overall business relationships with our logistics partners.
- Define metrics and targets for partners to meet, and manage them towards achieving them.
- Work with our engineers and operations team on integrating suppliers, e-commerce, customer support, and other functions with our logistics infrastructure.
- Own forecasting and planning around stockholding points, storage capacity, picking and packing capabilities and throughput.
- Prepare documentation required for international import and export.
- Ensure company compliance with trade, H&S, and environmental regulations
- Develop strategies and tactics to reduce the environmental footprint of our shipping and operations.
- 5+ years of experience managing logistics and fulfillment for electronics products.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Operations, or Business or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with bootstrapping trade compliance, international logistics, and end customer fulfillment on consumer products.
- Knowledge around international trade regulations, tariffs, and HS codes governing electronics products.
- Expertise managing air, sea, rail, and ground freight.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively in English with engineers and operations team members internally and partners externally across multiple countries.
- Experience with logistics on the full product lifecycle in consumer electronics from prototype units through production, fulfillment, reverse logistics, refurbishment, and disposition.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to bring up and support partners when needed.
- A passion for environmentalism and/or DIY.
- Experience bootstrapping logistics and fulfillment infrastructure and building teams at a startup.
- Interest in wearing a lot of hats from high level strategy creation through to hands on execution.
- Familiarity with build-to-order/custom-to-order fulfillment.
- Expertise with lithium ion battery logistics.
- Fluency in one or more additional languages.
What we offer
- Competitive salary, equity, and health benefits.
- Flexible work hours and locations.
- Be an early member of Framework's team and get to shape the strategic direction of our operations.
- The chance to work at a startup that is fixing the consumer electronics industry.