Burlingame, CA or Remote /
Product and Marketing /
At Framework, we believe the time has come for products that are designed to last. Founded in San Francisco in 2019, our mission is to remake Consumer Electronics to respect people and the planet.
Our first product is the Framework Laptop, a thin, lightweight, high-performance 13.5” notebook that can be upgraded, customized, and repaired in ways that no other notebook can. To support this, we're also creating a marketplace to enable an ecosystem of new, used, and refurbished products and modules.
We come from successful consumer electronics startups including the founding team of Oculus, and we’re funded to fulfill our mission. We care deeply about building a diverse and inclusive team, and we hope you do too!
We're looking for a fantastic Community Manager to join the Framework Team to foster, grow, and support the wonderful community of customers and developers using our products. This includes managing and moderating our rapidly growing community forum, jumping into our social feeds and subreddit, and coming up with initiatives and events to bring the Framework mission and philosophy out into the online world. We're looking for someone who has unstoppable positivity and enthusiasm along with the technical knowledge to engage on complex hardware and software topics.
This is a remote position open to anywhere within the US. #LI-Remote
- Moderating and managing the Framework Community, encouraging positive discussion and debate.
- Participating in our social feeds and pages across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Reddit to be a voice for the company and our brand.
- Contributing to our knowledge base and proactively capturing new issues and solutions identified by community members.
- Providing support and partnership for our repair shop and hardware developer communities.
- Capturing and condensing community sentiment and desires to help inform future product development.
- Inventing and kicking off new community initiatives to drive our mission of remaking Consumer Electronics to respect people and the planet.
- 2+ years of experience managing highly-technical communities or social feeds online.
- Deep familiarity and enthusiasm around PCs, spanning hardware and software.
- An incredibly positive approach to providing feedback and support and wrangling challenging people problems.
- Previous experience with forum software, social feed moderation, and support ticketing systems.
- A love for writing and great technical and creative English communication skills.
- An understanding of how to adopt and develop the brand voice of the company.
- A passion for environmentalism, repair, DIY, and/or PC gaming.
- Expertise at support automation and setting up new community and support systems.
- Familiarity with Linux and Windows.
- Experience creating and curating photo and video content for communities.
- Fluency in languages beyond English and familiarity with working with multi-lingual international communities.
- Experience working in a startup environment.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible work hours and locations
- Be an early member of Framework's team and get to shape the strategic direction of our operations
- The chance to work at a startup that is fixing the consumer electronics industry