Product Quality Manager
At Framework, our mission is to fix consumer electronics. We believe products can be better both for users and the environment. Unlike most electronics products on the market today, ours are designed to be repairable and upgradeable to enable long usage lifetimes and deep personalization.
To support our product ecosystems, we are also launching a marketplace allowing users to buy and sell new and used devices and parts.
We come from successful consumer electronics startups including the founding team of Oculus and e-commerce companies, and we’re funded to fulfill our mission. We care deeply about building a diverse and inclusive team, and we hope you do too!
We are looking for a Product Quality Manager based in Taiwan to own overall responsibility for our consumer electronics products quality. This role involves working with manufacturing partners in multiple tiers of the supply chain across Asia, across management levels and functions to ensure that our products fulfill the promise of Framework Quality. As our first Quality lead in Taiwan, you'll also have a high level of influence on our product development and operations going forward.
This role is a full-time position working remotely in Taiwan and will require local and (eventually) international travel to suppliers and our Burlingame, CA headquarters.
- Lead individual contributor role that interfaces with all management levels from line supervision to executive management to ensure product quality.
- Identify the key quality metrics for our products.
- Work closely with the US and Asia-based Designers, Engineers, and Global Supply Managers to ensure that Product Quality Plan deliverables are understood and adequately executed
- Drive suppliers’ performance improvements through objective measurement and analysis of production line yields, quality audits, reliability testing, deployment of NPI (New Product Introduction) into the markets, and field returns
- Escalate critical issues and present options for resolution to the cross-functional team and executive management
- Proactively track and experiment with new technologies, processes, and suppliers to improve our products' quality
- Work with our designers, engineers, and operations team members in Taiwan and the US on cross-functional product development on novel products
- 7+ years of experience in Product Quality role in Consumer Electronics
- Intense supplier management experience and expert quality management, planning, and engineering skills
- Subject matter expertise for all things quality, including Quality Plans, FMEA, auditing, corrective and preventative actions, and sampling methodologies for IQC, assembly, and OQC
- Demonstrated capability with quality statistical techniques including SPC, sampling AQL, and measurement system analysis
- Working knowledge of advanced quality techniques such as the design of experiments, correlation analysis, and reliability analysis
- Basic understanding of metrology and GDT
- Discriminating eye for demanding cosmetic categorization and supplier inspection
- Keen problem solving analytical skills capable of getting to root cause quickly in challenging environments and with tight deadlines
- Detailed oriented with an understanding of manufacturing processes, testing, kitting, and packaging
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with the cross-functional team. Strong written and verbal English communication abilities and familiarity with working across time-zones
- A passion for environmentalism and/or DIY
- Expertise in bootstrapping supply chain infrastructure at a startup
- New Product Operations experiences
- Experience working as a remote member of an international team
What we offer
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible work hours and locations
- Be an early member of the Framework team and get to shape our strategic direction on operations
- The chance to work at a startup that is fixing the consumer electronics industry