Technical Support Lead
At Framework, we believe the time has come for products that are designed to last. Founded in San Francisco in 2019, our mission is to remake Consumer Electronics to respect people and the planet.
Our first product is the Framework Laptop, a thin, lightweight, high-performance 13.5” notebook that can be upgraded, customized, and repaired in ways that no other notebook can. To support this, we're also creating a marketplace to enable an ecosystem of new, used, and refurbished products and modules.
We come from successful consumer electronics startups including the founding team of Oculus, and we’re funded to fulfill our mission. We care deeply about building a diverse and inclusive team, and we hope you do too!
We are looking for a talented Technical Support Lead to build technical support processes, create debugging flows, write technical documentation, and be the escalation point for technical issues for our customers. Your day will consist of diagnosing and troubleshooting new hardware and software issues, training tier 1 and tier 2 support agents at our customer support partners, responding to technical questions in our forums, creating guides and knowledge base topics, coordinating with our engineering and operations teams on determining root causes of issues, and providing backup support as needed on other areas of the customer experience. If you have a knack for computers and love to take electronics apart and figure out how to make them work, you’ll love working with us.
This role is a full-time position based anywhere in the US.
- Act as the escalation point for technical issues customers face
- Identify customer needs and help customers use specific features
- Tactfully diagnose end user issues and provide next steps
- Provide backup as needed for non-technical areas of support like ordering and shipping issues, return processing, and general customer questions
- Report product issues and help determine root causes with the engineering and operations teams
- Work closely with our repair center on RMAs, debugging, and providing guidance on refurbishing products
- Build training materials and train tier 1 and tier 2 agents
- Attend in-person or virtual meetings with team to analyze, troubleshoot and diagnose hardware and software problems
- Prepare reference material for users by drafting articles for our Knowledge Base, Dozuki guides, and website
- Monitor customer issues in our Community and on social media and reach out to provide assistance
- Assist in training junior Customer Support Representatives
- 4+ years of experience in a support role in a consumer hardware company
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- An incredible amount of patience and empathy for customers
- Technical expertise with PCs, and especially those running Windows 10
- Familiarity with the internal modules and components of PCs and how to diagnose issues with them remotely
- An understanding of current technical support processes and best practices
- Previous experience managing support agents, whether in house or outsourced
- A strong desire to learn more about new technology areas
- A passion for environmentalism, repair, and/or DIY
- Experience adding automation to customer service flows
- Familiarity with providing support for Linux distributions on PCs
- Enthusiasm for building and tinkering with PCs
- Familiarity with Kustomer, Dozuki, or Discourse
- Knowledge of additional languages beyond English, and familiarity with working with a multi-lingual international customer base
- Experience working in a startup environment
What we offer
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible work hours and locations
- Be an early member of Framework's team and get to shape the strategic direction of our operations
- The chance to work at a startup that is fixing the consumer electronics industry