Senior Buyer & Supply Demand Planner
Burlingame, CA or Remote /
At Framework, we believe the time has come for consumer electronics products that are designed to last. Founded in San Francisco in 2019, our mission is to empower you with great products you can easily customize, upgrade, and repair, increasing longevity and reducing e-waste in the process.
Our first product is the Framework Laptop, a thin, lightweight, high-performance 13.5” notebook that can be upgraded, customized, and repaired in ways that no other notebook can. To support this, we're also standing up a marketplace to enable an ecosystem of new, used, and refurbished products and modules.
We come from successful consumer electronics startups including the founding team of Oculus and e-commerce companies, and we’re funded to fulfill our mission. We care deeply about building a diverse and inclusive team, and we hope you do too!
We are looking for a Senior Buyer & Demand Planner to develop and own overall supply demand planning, material planning, and procurement responsibility throughout the worldwide supply chain. This role is essential for delivering on our mission of creating amazing upgradeable, customizable, repairable products, which depend on high SKU mix and long lifetimes of availability.
In this role, you will be working with the internal Marketplace, Finance, and Logistics teams to generate supply and demand forecasts to meet inventory and financial objectives. You will be coordinating with Marketing, Engineering and GSM teams to ensure successful launch targets are met, sustaining supply continuity and minimizing material obsolescence during product transitions. As the first member of the Planning team in Framework, you’ll also have the opportunity to build the infrastructure and set the direction for the team going forward.
This role is a full-time position based in Burlingame, California or remote in the US.
- Perform demand planning using an MRP system, production schedules, forecasts, and annual budget projections.
- Be accountable for initiation, implementation, maintenance, and utilization within purchasing and planning functions.
- Provide timely forecasts and orders to suppliers and ensure on time delivery.
- Execute on procurement operations including timely purchase order placement and maintenance, expediting when necessary.
- Adhere to all terms and conditions in supply agreements and ensure invoices, returns, credits, and deviation investigation and closure are handled in a timely manner.
- Partner with the GSM team to build and leverage relationships with suppliers and internal customers to ensure a high level of supplier performance, and implement planning process improvement opportunities.
- Be the subject matter expert regarding supply plan processes; provide suppliers coaching and best practice realization.
- Seek proactively opportunities to improve supply chain material planning processes including custom module CTB (Clear-to-Build) processes.
- 5+ years of demand supply planning and purchasing experience in electronics companies and e-commerce.
- Experience with supply chain planning tools along with excellent Excel and modeling skills.
- Demonstrated analytical capabilities, business savvy, and leadership skills, with a focus on details and accuracy.
- Having a sense of priority and urgency to meet deadlines.
- Ability to multitask in a dynamic and fast-paced startup environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to quickly produce clearly written, well organized documentation.
- A passion for environmentalism and/or DIY.
- Expertise in bootstrapping supply chain infrastructure at a startup.
- Experience with NetSuite MRP and supply chain planning tools
- Prior experience in fields that demand complex quantitative analysis, product planning, production control or production/manufacturing operations.
- A background in consumer electronics supply chains.
- Experience with service and repair supply chains.
- Familiarity with direct to consumer (DTC) demand planning.
What we offer
- Competitive salary, equity, and health benefits
- Flexible work hours and locations
- The opportunity to be an early member of the Framework team and get to shape our strategic direction on operations
- The chance to work at a startup that is fixing the consumer electronics industry