Content Marketing Manager
United States /
Product and Marketing /
At Framework, we believe the time has come for products that are designed to last. Founded in San Francisco in 2019, our mission is to remake Consumer Electronics to respect people and the planet.
Our first product is the Framework Laptop, a thin, light, high-performance notebook that can be upgraded, customized, and repaired in ways that no other notebook can. Alongside this, we've launched the Framework Marketplace to enable an ecosystem of parts and modules. We've seen a fantastic reception to our first product from customers and reviewers from outlets like Linus Tech Tips, Ars Technica, and Wirecutter, along with landing on the cover of TIME's Best Inventions of 2021. As a company, we made #35 on Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies of 2022.
We come from successful consumer electronics startups including the founding team of Oculus, and we recently closed an $18M Series A fundraising round to fuel our roadmap. Even better (and maybe unusually for an early stage startup), we're in a financially healthy position going forward off of our product revenue. We care deeply about building a diverse and inclusive team, and we hope you do too!
We’re looking for a Content Marketing Manager to be a core member of Framework’s growing team as we remake Consumer Electronics. This role is responsible for ideating, developing, and executing on our content strategy from a blank slate across our blog, social channels, videos, live streams, and community forum. You’ll be the primary owner of making our content as compelling as our products are for our immensely engaged and enthusiastic community. As an early member of our marketing team, this role has the potential for enormous impact on our brand, community, and products.
Framework is a remote-first team, and this role is open to any location in the US. Pacific time zone is preferred. #LI-Remote
- Develop a content strategy across multiple channels to scale the reach of our hardware products and Marketplace
- Execute on written, audio, photo and video content directly hands on through blog posts, social media posts, and YouTube videos and streams
- Build relationships with external freelancers, creators, influencers, and agencies as needed to realize more complex content types and scale our content creation
- Create compelling customer-facing narratives around our products that resonate with our audiences; bring them to reality with our internal design team members and external creative partners
- Refine our brand tone and messaging on external channels to appeal to a diverse range of consumer and business audiences
- Create and evangelize community and developer initiatives to foster creation of both community content and ecosystem hardware products
- Help to grow our marketing team as we continue to scale our efforts in Framework
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in marketing, business, or a technical field
- 5+ years of experience in content creation and marketing in consumer goods or hardware categories
- Excellent writing abilities and a strong understanding of how to write copy that resonates with both tech enthusiast and non-technical audiences
- A deep understanding of video content and live stream creation, including experience with cameras and editing software
- A desire and ability to wear multiple hats in the early stages of a company, including taking on solo content creation in addition to managing external (and eventually internal) resources
- Enthusiasm to start fresh with a clean sheet of paper, bringing new thinking in a bold new category to craft effective and efficient content plans
- Inventiveness, curiosity, and a passion for building novel and engaging content and enthusiastic communities
- Previous experience in an early-stage startup or in standing up a new product segment
- Familiarity with content creation, social media management, and community development for consumer electronics products
- Experience as an on-mic or on-camera host for podcasts, YouTube videos, and/or live streams
What we offer
- Competitive salary, equity, and health benefits
- Flexible work hours and locations, and every other Friday as a day off
- The chance to be an early member of Framework's team and to shape our brand and content strategy
- The opportunity to work at a startup that is fixing a major industry