Senior Global Sourcing Manager
At Framework, we believe the time has come for products that are designed to last. Founded in San Francisco in 2019, our mission is to remake Consumer Electronics to respect people and the planet.
Our first product is the Framework Laptop, a thin, light, high-performance notebook that can be upgraded, customized, and repaired in ways that no other notebook can. Alongside this, we've launched the Framework Marketplace to enable an ecosystem of parts and modules. We've seen a fantastic reception to our first product from customers and reviewers from outlets like Linus Tech Tips, Ars Technica, and Wirecutter, along with landing on the cover of TIME's Best Inventions of 2021. As a company, we made #35 on Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies of 2022.
We come from successful consumer electronics startups including the founding team of Oculus, and we recently closed an $18M Series A fundraising round to fuel our roadmap. Even better (and maybe unusually for an early stage startup), we're in a financially healthy position going forward off of our product revenue. We care deeply about building a diverse and inclusive team, and we hope you do too!
We are looking for a Senior Global Sourcing Manager to join our growing New Product Initiative team. This position will focus on sourcing and developing key module supplier ODM/JDM/CM partners and building supply chain strategy for our products and accessories. In parallel, you will work closely with design, engineering, and operations teams to achieve cost, quality, availability, and time-to-market project objectives. As an early member of the sourcing team, you’ll have an enormous influence on our supply chain operations and product development as we advance.
This is a full time position working remotely in Taiwan, and will require local and occasional international travel to suppliers and our San Francisco headquarters.
- Source and develop our supply base for laptop modules, components, and accessories.
- Develop and lead RFP and RFQ processes for ODM, JDM, CM, and module integrator partner selections.
- Drive Framework’s mission as the business lead with partners and conduct periodical Business Reviews with suppliers' executive teams.
- Work with our engineers in Taiwan and the US to inform product decisions based on supplier cost, risk, and readiness.
- Manage escalations for NPI build materials and resolve issues on the ground with our suppliers and manufacturing partners.
- Negotiate pricing, contracts, and commercial terms on critical components and modules.
- Review forecasts with key internal partners (Marketing, Planning, Service, Logistics), providing an overview of your approach and integrating feedback.
- Improve supply chain processes, identify cost reduction opportunities, marshal resources, and drive projects to completion to achieve measurable goals.
- Develop strategic supply roadmaps for new product materials and phase out obsolete parts.
- 10+ years of experience in supply chain development and sourcing management for electronics products.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Operations, or Business or equivalent experience.
- Strong vendor management experience, including aligning with senior-level vendor executives on deliverables.
- Top-notch negotiation skills.
- Technical understanding of product-level, electrical or mechanical module level development.
- Experience with the complete product lifecycle from inception through design, manufacturing, sale, repair/refurbishment, and disposition.
- Ability to make critical decisions and deliver results under tight timelines when needed.
- Analytical, curious, and creative mindset, with an ability to see the big picture and zoom in on the details.
- Strong written and verbal English communication abilities and familiarity with working across time zones.
- Supply chain sourcing experience for laptops or related electronics.
- An electrical or mechanical engineering background.
- Familiarity with CTO (custom to order) and 3PL pack-out operations.
- A passion for environmentalism and/or DIY.
- Expertise bootstrapping supply chain infrastructure at a startup.
- Experience working as a remote member of an international team.
- Fluency in Mandarin.
What we offer
- Competitive salary, equity, and health benefits.
- Flexible work hours and locations.
- Be an early member of Framework's team and get to shape the strategic direction of our operations.
- The chance to work at a startup that is making a positive social and environmental impact.