Burlingame, CA or Remote /
At Framework, our mission is to fix consumer electronics. We believe products can be better both for users and the environment. Unlike most electronics products on the market today, ours are designed to be repairable and upgradeable to enable long usage lifetimes and deep personalization.
To support our product ecosystems, we are also launching a marketplace allowing users to buy and sell new and used devices and parts.
We come from successful consumer electronics startups including the founding team of Oculus and e-commerce companies, and we’re funded to fulfill our mission. We care deeply about building a diverse and inclusive team, and we hope you do too!
We are looking for a skilled UX/UI designer to join our Marketplace team to own and drive the usability and aesthetics of our platform. We want our digital products to be as interesting and easy to use as our physical ones. This is the first design role in the company, so you'll have an enormous amount of ownership and responsibility on Framework's design strategy going forward. This position will report to our Head of Marketplace and will work closely with our development partner based in Europe.
We’re headquartered in Burlingame, CA, and are open to local, relocated, or remote candidates.
- You have 4+ years of experience designing digital products and systems.
- You have strong command of standard design tools - Figma, Sketch, XD, InVision and Adobe.
- You have experience with accessibility.
- You are comfortable exploring data and interpreting results.
- You are able to understand the business impact of design decisions.
- You are able to iterate based on research and feedback.
- You have experience in working with other designers and engineers.
- Experience with prototyping tools - Framer, Principle, etc.
- Skills in illustration, icon design or animation
- Experience running user testing sessions.
- Experience in working in an agile team environment.
- Understanding of the Design Sprint process and all its methodologies.
A typical day at Framework
- You report your daily standup through Standuply on Slack.
- You design and define the user experience of new features from initial idea to production-ready design, using Figma or other standard design tools.
- You adapt and work with our design system.
- You meet with fellow designers, developers, and Framework’s Head of Marketplace to prioritize your tasks for the next sprint.
- You iterate based on design critique from peers or data gathered in user testing/user feedback.
- You design brand and marketing materials.
What we offer
• Competitive salary, equity and health benefits.
• Flexible work hours.
• Be an early member of Framework's team and get to shape the technological direction of our marketplace.
• Contribute to open source software as part of your day-to-day work.
• Work with a world class team of hardware and software engineers.
• Work at a startup that is making a positive social impact.