Global Supply Manager
At Framework, our mission is to fix consumer electronics. We believe products can be better both for users and the environment. Unlike most electronics products on the market today, ours are designed to be repairable and upgradeable to enable long usage lifetimes and deep personalization.
To support our product ecosystems, we are also launching a marketplace allowing users to buy and sell new and used devices and parts.
We come from successful consumer electronics startups including the founding team of Oculus and e-commerce companies, and we’re funded to fulfill our mission. We care deeply about building a diverse and inclusive team, and we hope you do too!
We are looking for a Global Supply Manager based in Taiwan to own and build out the supply chain infrastructure for our products, working closely with our US and Taiwan based design, engineering, and operations teams as well as our manufacturing partners and key suppliers across Asia. As the first operations team member in Taiwan, you'll have an enormous level of influence on our sourcing and supply chain strategy going forward. This position will be reporting directly to the Head of Global Supply Chain based in the US.
This is a full time position working remotely in Taiwan, and will require local and international travel to suppliers and our Burlingame, CA headquarters.
- Drive Framework’s mission as the business lead on the ground with suppliers, working out new strategies and processes and managing existing relationships.
- Work with our engineers in both Taiwan and the US to inform product decisions based on supplier cost, risk, and readiness.
- Develop and run RFPs and RFQs for our ODM, JDM, CM, and module integrator partners.
- Negotiate pricing, contracts, and commercial terms on key components and modules.
- Work with our engineers and program managers on supplier bring-up, build readiness, and ramp to production.
- Help manage NPI builds and resolve issues on the ground with our suppliers and manufacturing partners.
- Ensure the supply chain logistical flow of materials necessary to meet production schedules and inventory control requirements.
- Review forecasts with key internal partners (Marketing, Planning, Logistics) providing an overview of your approach and integrating feedback as needed.
- Improve supply chain processes, identify improvement opportunities, marshal resources, and drive projects to completion to achieve targeted measurable benefits.
- Develop strategic roadmaps for new product materials and phase-out of obsolete parts.
- 7+ years of experience managing suppliers and supply chains for electronics products.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Operations, or Business or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with structuring and negotiating RFQs with consumer electronics ODMs and CMs.
- A background and technical understanding in one or more of product-level, electromechanical module, mechanical part, or electrical component sourcing.
- Experience with the full product lifecycle from inception through design, manufacturing, sale, repair/refurbishment, and disposition.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with engineers and program managers.
- Ability to make key decisions and deliver results under tight timelines when needed.
- Analytical, curious, and creative mind set, with an ability to see the big picture and zoom into the details.
- Passion for delivering a great customer experience.
- Strong vendor management experience, including aligning with senior level vendor executives on Framework deliverables and coordinating business reviews.
- Strong written and verbal English communication abilities and familiarity with working across time-zones.
- A passion for environmentalism and/or DIY.
- Expertise bootstrapping supply chain infrastructure at a startup.
- Experience working as a remote member of an international team.
What we offer
- Competitive salary, equity, and health benefits.
- Flexible work hours and locations.
- Be an early member of Framework's team and get to shape the strategic direction of our operations.
- The chance to work at a startup that is fixing the consumer electronics industry.