Product and Marketing /
At Framework, we believe the time has come for products that are designed to last. Founded in San Francisco in 2019, our mission is to remake Consumer Electronics to respect people and the planet.
Our first product is the Framework Laptop, a thin, lightweight, high-performance 13.5” notebook that can be upgraded, customized, and repaired in ways that no other notebook can. To support this, we're also creating a marketplace to enable an ecosystem of new, used, and refurbished products and modules.
We come from successful consumer electronics startups including the founding team of Oculus, and we’re funded to fulfill our mission. We care deeply about building a diverse and inclusive team, and we hope you do too!
We’re looking for a Product Manager to be a foundational member of Framework’s growing team and be the primary owner on incredible consumer electronics products on our roadmap. This role is responsible for exploring market opportunities, scoping features and functionality, and distilling a world of possibilities into a fantastic product and module ecosystem for each category we enter. This is all in close collaboration with our marketing, design, engineering, and operations leads. As an early member of our team, this role has the potential for enormous impact.
This is a remote position located in Taipei. #LI-Remote
- Lead the market and audience exploration and product requirements definition on a roadmap of novel hardware
- Guide each product through exploration, proof of concepts, and an NPI process to bring it into market, followed by developing a long-lived ecosystem around it
- Develop and execute on user and market research initiatives and perform competitive analysis
- Work closely with industrial design, engineering, and operations leads on architectural and feature scoping to converge on products that are both incredible and pragmatic
- Collaborate with operations, marketing, and marketplace teams on pricing strategies
- Help to grow our product team as we continue to scale our efforts in Framework
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business, marketing, or a technical field
- 3+ years of experience in consumer electronics product management
- Deep cross-functional collaboration and consensus-building skills and familiarity with working directly with engineers, operations team members, suppliers, technology providers, and others across the ecosystem
- A desire and ability to wear multiple hats in the early stages of a company, including taking on slices of product marketing and user research prior to there being dedicated people in those roles
- Enthusiasm to start fresh with a clean sheet of paper, bringing new thinking in to reset large but stagnant categories of consumer electronics
- Inventiveness, curiosity, and a passion for building products that people love
- Previous experience in an early-stage startup or in standing up a new product segment
- Familiarity with enthusiast or environmentally conscious audiences
- An engineering or technical background in hardware products
- Experience developing products for international audiences
What we offer
- Competitive salary, equity, and health benefits
- Flexible work hours and locations
- The chance to be an early member of Framework's team and to shape our product strategy and roadmap
- The opportunity to work at a startup that is fixing a major industry